- Download the latest MySQL installer using this link
- Run the install program (.msi)
- Accept the license agreement
- When given the option to update installer please do so
- Under Feature Selection select Full Installation Setup and select the right Architecture for your computer (32-bit / 64-bit)
- Click next and you will be shown a list of applications that you need in order to meet the requirements for installing all services. Make sure you satisfy all the requirements, if not, please install the missing applications on your machine.
- On the next configuration options select “Developer Machine”
- Leave all other settings to default
- Enter a username and password. Note: These will be the credentials for the user with root privileges. Do Not Forget the Password
- Click next and finish the installation.
Note: MySQL might fail to run as a service, for this you can manually start it by navigating to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
Then find the service called “MySQL”, right click > Properties then you can either click the “start” button or set “Startup Type” to automatic.
Other Operating Systems
- Install the MySQL server package: sudo apt-get install mysql-server
- Enter a root password