Home Previous Page Next Page
- Ensure that Tomcat is started by checking to see if icon in the tray is green (Windows install).
- Download the latest stable release of OpenMRS.
- Navigate to http://localhost:8080/manager/html and enter your Tomcat administrator credentials (username and password chosen when installing Tomcat).
- In the Tomcat Web Application Manager, enter the location of the downloaded openmrs.war file to deploy.
- The deployment could take some time while the file is copied to the folder C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps and decompressed.
- Note that the OpenMRS.WAR file is most easily downloaded with Mozilla Firefox . Internet Explorer tries to open the file as a Zip file.
- At the end of this process, the web page will refresh and /openmrs should be displayed under Applications. Apache Tomcat should also start the application (Running = True; and in Commands, Stop is underlined)