Welcome to the OpenMRS Wiki page for the Documentation Team! Below you will find information about our team's purpose, goals and agenda.
- To enhance understanding of current project code, issues, and direction through meaningful in-program comments, concise and timely issue documentation, and clear communication between all parties.
- To share and implement the best documentation practices.
- Ensure that proper documentation is available to all parties.
- Maintain updated, accessible, and direct information.
- Developer's Guide
- Consistently update across all OpenMRS platforms (Gitbook, Wiki, Website).
- REST API
- Enhance the OpenMRS Swagger-based REST API documentation for better guidance regarding its usage.
- Volunteer Guide
- Develop and maintain a suite of updated volunteer guides.
Agenda and Notes
There is a Documentation Team Roadmap that outlines current and future tasks. To learn how to navigate this roadmap, click here.
To find meeting notes, go under the Documentation Team Meeting Notes tab on the sidebar.
OpenMRS Meeting and Connection Information
Excluding OpenMRS Holidays, the Documentation Team has bi-weekly meetings on Tuesdays at 2:00-2:30 PM UTC, or 10:00-10:30 AM EST.
You can find a full list of time conversions here.
OpenMRS Meetings @ UberConference
Audio, Chat, & Screen Sharing (latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or other WebRTC-compatible browser)
Audio Only (Telephone or your favorite VoIP client)
Be Prepared for Your Meeting
Be Considerate of Others
- Please be on time for your meeting, and end on time.
- The conference line is a shared resource for our community's use in our open source projects. Please do not use it for third-party or personal meetings.
- Be sure to confirm (and add) your meeting time on the Community Meeting Calendar to ensure others aren't using the service at the same time.
- Please don't schedule meetings "back to back". Allow time for one meeting to wrap up before the next meeting begins.
Looking to Join?
The OpenMRS Documentation Team is always welcoming new members in our efforts. If you are interested in joining, please contact Herbert Yiga Mulindwa for more information.