Real-time collaborative notes - please update wiki after meeting
(15 min late starting)
1.8 Update (40 min)
- Beta is released
- RC1 coming soon. Until then, more testing needs to be done. RC1 can't be released until at least one (ideally 2+) implementations have tested.
- A recurring theme over the last several releases has been a limited pool of testers. (Implementations tend to have very limited people & technology resources to volunteer for testing.)
- Darius: Should this type of testing happen with a RC version instead? Takes time for volunteers to test so many modules. 1.8 is likely to break some modules due to the changes in widgets.
- Burke: Let's see what type of testing can be automated. Wyclif will coordinate.
- Paul: Many applications (especially beyond open source communities) release without having external implementation feedback. We may be putting a non-sustainable burden on people & organizations that don't have resources.
- Michael: To replace implementer testing at a minimum it's necessary to have a formal documented QA testing process (use cases, etc.).
- Roger: We should communicate with module developers about the changes in trunk that could break their modules and encourage them to test/fix.
- TODO: Michael to create a module mailing (notification) list and use those listed in the module repository as initial subscribers.
- TODO: Wyclif to explicate the goals & tasks to test bundled modules in the Testing Releases page. He will work with module developers to make sure test cases are complete.
- 2 or 3 tickets not yet completed.
- Ben: Working on a patch that Upul started docs:TRUNK-26 to modify the initialization wizard. This could be modified for pre-release testing that could connect to an external existing database and copy it into the virtual appliance for testing. (This functionality would only be turned on for the appliance distribution.)
- TODO: Wyclif will coordinate developing webdriver tests. Ben sent a mail to a volunteer interested in testing.
Daniel Kayiwa (5 min)
Multiple Providers per Encounter (50 min)
Support for visits (15 min)
|T|M|F|1294938703052|1296141346462|michael|Wyclif to explicate the goals & tasks to test bundled modules in the Testing Releases page. He will work with module developers to make sure test cases are complete.|
|T|M|F|1294938671661|1295536143537|michael|Michael to create a module mailing (notification) list and use those listed in the module repository as initial subscribers.|