PIH EMR USER INTERVIEW
Date: 20 Feb 2008 (by phone)
User: International Health Data Coordinator
EMR Experience: OpenMRS user for 2 years
What does she use the EMR for?
- Manages data concepts (concept dictionary)
- Develops forms
- Runs reports
Comments on what she uses:
- Need an electronic system for proposing, creating and documenting new concepts
- Infopath – need a more efficient way to enter data validation and rules (It requires too many mouse clicks now)
- Cohort builder interface is easy to use, but does not perform all of the complex queries she needs.
- Reporting requires pulling data from SQL and exporting to SAS to create reports. She needs one click generation of periodic reports. There should be report templates/samples so that sites don’t have to create from scratch everytime.
- Orders table does not work
- (from Data managers) - Need more customizable data entry statistics
- (from Data managers) – need better data exporting tools. When we export a CVS file to Excel we’re hitting the line limit
- Logitudinal data is a problem – such as multiple CD4 counts
- Overall, she is fine with the UI. She has direct access to developers and can easily request whatever changes/enhancements she needs