How do you change expiry date of a stock item?
You may have an item stock in the system with incorrect expiry date maybe due to a typo. This expiry date need to be corrected to make sure you have accurate data of the item stock.
To correct the expiry date of an item stock;
- Do a stock adjustment to remove the item stock from the system.
- On the create Inventory Operation page, use a receipt operation to add the item stock back to the system with the new / correct expiration date.
How do you resolve negative stock?
When doing stock take, you may find an item stock with a negative quantity. This may have resulted from either a typo or if the item stock was physically received but not loaded into the system as a receipt.
First, identify the cause of the negative stock so that you can decide how to resolve it;
- If it was as a result of a typo, do a stock adjustment to bring the item stock back to the actual stock.
- If the negative stock is as a result of item stock not loaded into the system, do an inventory receipt operation, choose the date the item stock was received, select the destination of the item stock, input the item stock and quantity, choose the correct expiration date where applicable and create the operation.
How do you resolve a receipt not updated in the system?
When you receive physical stock item, the stock item needs to be updated in system failure to which you will have inconsistent data.
When you receive physical stock item, the stock item needs to be updated in system failure to which you will have inconsistent data;
- Do an inventory receipt operation.
- Change the operation date to the date the item stock was physically received.
- Select the destination of the stock item.
- Type the item stock, input the quantity received and the expiration date.
- Create the operation.