Extend the OpenMRS module "System Performance and Utilization Module" to supply additional information on system performance and utilization in order to monitor reliability and impact of the electronic medical record system installation. This module monitors OpenMRS and transfers specific system indicators, possibly using the Performance and Utilization Monitoring Program framework developed for an OpenMRS network implementation in Kenya. The expansion of indicators could include system indicators (CPU load, etc) and application level indicators (# of opened charts, etc), as well as, the further development of the visualization of these indicators (drill-down to view details within those statistics - which users logged in, which charts were opened, etc).
- Add System Monitoring Indicators: System monitoring is mainly focused on gathering and presenting information on low level system indicators like CPU load, memory utilization etc.
2. Add Application Monitoring Indicators: The application monitoring is introduced to monitor what usage patterns are occurring number of opened charts during a set time period, number of modified charts during a set time period, number of active logins etc.
3. Advanced Visualization of Statistics: Ability to drill-down into the graphs for stratified views, such as, which roles/users were logged in, what kind of charts were opened, etc.
4. Export of Data: CSV file export, as well as, exchange of data into a larger framework for dashboard view across sites
- Provide user interface to configure new indicators to collect
Suggested communication plan
During the project implementation period the student and mentors ( Pascal/Jan) will hold a weekly one hour meeting to discuss the progress of the project and decide on the tasks to be finished for each week.
Module Repository : https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-systemmetrics
Project Blog : http://milindarukshan.blogspot.com/
Previous Work on Idea
- Mozambique Implementation Packet (see system monitoring section)
- Kenya Workplanning- PUMP Demo.pdf (this is just an example for inspiration)
- KenyaEMR Appliance Setup
- PUMP Build Instructions