Docker is a unique container/image based platform made to let people distribute applications easily.
The video tutorial can be seen here:
To deploy OpenMRS in a local docker container, follow these steps:
1) Ensure that docker is installed correctly and the VM is running.
2) Run the following command:
docker pull chaityabshah/openmrs-core-docker
3) Run the following command:
docker run -i -t -p 8080:8080 chaityabshah/openmrs-core-docker
4) Once you see:
INFO: Server startup in ----- ms
Navigate to: http://192.168.59.103:8080/openmrs/
5) From there, complete simple installation. When it asks for the root password for the database, enter "test" without quotation marks.
6) After the installation is complete, OpenMRS should work!