2015 GSoC Project Idea
AbstractAs an ED provider, I would like to have tool to triage patients when they enter the Emergency Department. This tool would consist of a series of questions regarding symptoms and vitals signs that would result in a triage categorization of Red, Yellow or Green.
- Partners In Health
Currently when a patient arrives at the Emergency Department, the nurses fill out a triage form for the patient. There are 3 versions of this form, one for Adults (> 12 years of age), Children (3-12 years) and Infants (0-3 years). The result of this form is a color, either Red (most serious), Orange , Yellow or Green (least serious). These guide the ED as to how quickly the patient needs to be treated.
The form should first identify the patient (either by prompting to search or passed from the page the form was launched from). After this, the form should collect the “Chief Complaint”. This should be a required free-form text box to capture the cause of the emergency room visit.
The result of this form is a color, either Red (most serious), Orange , Yellow or Green (least serious) based on the form input and the business rules. These guide the ED as to how quickly the patient needs to be treated.
- Java web application development
- Experience in the following areas:
- Spring, Hibernate, MySQL, Tomcat, Git, Maven
- UI development skills including AJAX, JQuery, AngularJS, SASS
- Test-Driven Development or Behavior-Driven Development
- Willingness to learn / follow design patterns and best practices of the OpenMRS platform
- All input fields captured on forms; concepts defined, approved, and incorporated into the CIEL dictionary (external coordination required)
- API development complete
- Integration into overall application complete, including integration testing
- Delivery to staging/test server for User Acceptance testing
- The application should work on a touch screen (device) tablet
- Integration into hospital and primary care versions of the overall electronic medical record software for use in specific OpenMRS implementations
- Increased efficiency in facility operations, ensuring the most critical patients are attended to and triaged in an appropriate and urgent manner
- Improved patient care through identification of the chief complaints in conjunction with collected vital signs and indicators
- Adult Triage Form: AdultTriage.pdf