DHISreport module 2.0 - Integration with reporting module
AbstractDHIS2- https://www.dhis2.org/ is an aggregate indicator system used along with OpenMRS in many countries.The Present Dhisreport module being used automates the process of running sql queries against an OpenMRS instance and posting the results to a DHIS2 instance. It even exposes a set of web services that can be consumed through cURL. But, this requires a knowledge of the database structure and also SQL skills.
Reporting Module has a system that allows generating reports based on a cohort system that generates the SQL queries automatically. But, This requires creating the cohorts through UI.
This project is aimed at using the cohort system of reporting module and merging it with the dhisreport module to let users without SQL knowledge create reports and send data to the DHIS system.
- Study about the existing dhisreport module, DHIS integration module(this has resources that would explain the integration process) and reporting module.(All links are provided below)
- Creating the project plan and timeline.
- Creating technical documentation for the module.
- Creating a User Interface that lets users access Reporting module's components to generate the SQL queries.
- Enhancing the web services to provide more advanced queries.
- Writing Unit Tests for the module.
Present Project Wiki: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/DHIS+Report+Module+-+SHR+Customized+Version
Github codebase: https://github.com/hispindia/dhisreport/tree/shr
Reporting Module Wiki: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/~muthumini/Reporting+Module+Documentation-Summary
Reporting Module generating reports: https://wiki.openmrs.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=19300405
DHIS Integration module : https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/OpenMRS-DHIS2-SDMX-HD+integration