Guidelines for concept management
- Use one central OpenMRS server for "golden" metadata (concepts, etc)
- Validate the following with the validation module:
- concept names
- concept description
- Add unique mappings terms for use with forms and reports (ie. "PIH: 12", "PIH: Anemia", "CIEL:123456", "Rwanda: 388")
- These mappings should have a concept reference map type of "SAME-AS"
- Add terminology mappings where useful (ie. SNOMED, ICD10, RxNORM). These are helpful for standardizing diagnoses, procedures, and billing
- Locale - Concepts should be in appropriate language: English, French, and Kinyarwanda?
- When possible, use CIEL dictionary for new concepts instead of recreating a new one
- Cleanup unused concepts
- Delete or retire duplicate concepts
- Delete unattached concept terms
- Check for the correct classes and datatypes
Guidelines for htmlforms
- Maintain the latest forms on the metadata server
- Use mds to create htmlform packages which include all the concepts, program, drugs, locations, etc.
- Forms and reports should use mappings to a concept dictionary (ie. CIEL or Rwanda) and not uuids or concept_ids
Add concept mappings within macro in the htmlform
- Groovy module - Can be used with sync or non-sync environments to make changes to the OpenMRS database. The groovy modules allows for groovy scripts to be saved and managed within OpenMRS.
- Script for deleting concept terms, maps, sources (ie. local, AMPATH, etc)
- Script for adding new concept terms, maps, source (ie. Rwanda)
- Script for renaming a concept source (ie. MVP/CIEL)
- Github repo for scripts
- Add scripts (mysql and groovy) to public repo for sharing.
- Concept cleanup
- Helper scripts for OpenMRS migration
- Maintenance tools for propagating software (war and modules)
- De identifying scripts
- Adding new concept terms, maps, source
- Check for duplicate mappings (when a reference term from PIH, CIEL, or Rwanda should not be on multiple concepts)
- Metadata Sharing (mds) - Used to copy all metadata (concept and forms) between systems. Works well with sync and helps to propagate changes to all servers.
- Validation module - Checks the concept dictionary for duplicate concept names, concept descriptions with null descriptions, Locations, etc