- Use one central OpenMRS server for "golden" metadata (concepts, etc)
- Validate the following with the validation module:
- concept names
- concept description
- Add unique mappings terms for use with forms and reports (ie. "PIH: 12", "PIH: Anemia", "CIEL:123456", "Rwanda: 388")
- Forms and reports should use mappings to a concept dictionary (ie. CIEL or Rwanda) and not uuids or concept_ids
- Add concept mappings within macro in the htmlform
- Add terminology mappings where useful (ie. SNOMED, ICD10, RxNORM). These are helpful for standardizing diagnoses and procedures, and also for billing
- Locale - Concepts should be in English, French, and Kinyarwanda?
- When possible, use CIEL concepts instead of recreating a new one.
- groovy - Can be used with sync or non-sync environments to make changes to the OpenMRS database. The groovy modules allows for groovy scripts to be saved and managed within OpenMRS.
- Script for deleting concept terms, maps, sources (ie. local, AMPATH, etc)
- Script for adding new concept terms, maps, source (ie. Rwanda)
- Script for renaming a concept source (ie. MVP/CIEL)
- sql scripts
- Script for adding new concept terms, maps, source
- Check for duplicate mappings (when a reference term from PIH, CIEL, or Rwanda should not be on multiple concepts)
- Metadata Sharing (mds) - Used to copy all metadata (concept and forms) between systems. Works well with sync and helps to propagate changes to all servers.
- validation - Checks the concept dictionary for duplicate concept names, concept descriptions with null descriptions, etc.
- Maintenance tools - Scripts using rsync which propagates OpenMRS war, modules, and scripts to all the OpenMRS servers.
- Reporting framework and AdHoc reporting (replacement to Cohort Builder)