The OpenMRS global properties are simply variables with assigned string values. These values are editable while OpenMRS is running and no restart is required.
Demo server global properties administration (login as admin/test).
Data model layout of the global property table.
- concept.causeOfDeath Concept id of the concept defining the CAUSE OF DEATH concept
- concepts.locked Determines whether or not concepts can be edited in this database. If "true", any attempt to edit a concept or create a new concept will fail with a warning message. (Also effects certain actions in the concept_proposal table)Valid values: true, false
- database_version This is the current database version of OpenMRS. This value is read by and set by the mysql diff script. Changing this value manually could cause future updates to fail.
- encounterForm.obsSortOrder Determines how the observations are sorted on the encounter form and encounter display popup. "number" means that field numbers are used. "weight" means that location in the schema tree is used.Valid values: weight, numberDefault: numberNote: It will sort page number first, then field number and field part. If page number is only set on some fields but not all, ordering will be off. Please seeticket #1990
- dashboard.encounters.showEditLink If set to 'true', will show the Edit link in the encounters list on the Encounters tab in the patient dashboard.Default: true
- dashboard.encounters.showViewLink If set to 'true', will show the View link in the encounters list on the Encounters tab in the patient dashboard.Default: true
- FormEntry.enableOnEncounterTab If set to 'true', will show an "Add new Encounter" link on the Encounters tab on the patient dashboardDefault: false
- layout.address.format Format in which to display the person addresses throughout the webapp.Valid values: general, kenya, lestho, malawi, rwanda, tanzania, usa
- General Address Format
- Kenya Address Format
- Lesotho Address Format
- Malawi Address Format
- Rwanda Address Format
- Tanzania Address Format
- USA Address Format
- Format in which to display the patient and person names throughout the webappValue values are either "short" or "long"
- short (default)
- module_repository_folder Determines the location where .omod module files are stored after being loaded by the application. If a relative path, its determined relative to the application data directory set in the runtime properties. If an absolute path, it can be a directory anywhere on the system.Default value: "modules". On windows, will be C:/docs and settings/usernamerunningtomcat/application data/openmrs/modules, on unix will be /home/userrunningtomcat/.openmrs/modules.
- newPatientForm.relationships (as of revision 5688) Comma separated list of the RelationshipTypes to show on thenew/short patient form. The list is defined like '3a, 4b, 7a'. The number is the RelationshipTypeId and the 'a' vs 'b' part is which side of the relationship is filled in by the user.e.g. If the RelationshipType was defined as (with id #5) Doctor / Patient, to have "Doctor" filled in on the new/short patient form, put "5a" in for the value.
- patient.identifierPrefix This property is only used if patient.identifierRegex is empty. The string here is prepended to the sql indentifier search string. The sql becomes "... where identifier like '<PREFIX><QUERY STRING><SUFFIX>';". Leave empty for increased search speed on large patient databases.Valid values: A percent sign (%) or empty
patient.identifierRegex Determines how OpenMRS searches for patients using Identifier Numbers. A MySQL regular expression for the patient identifier search strings. The string is replaced at runtime with the user's search string. An empty regex will cause a simply 'like' sql search to be used. Leave empty for increased search speed on large patient databases.Warning!Use of this property on large patient datasets causes alargedrop in performance.Valid values: Empty or a regular expression like ^0*(A-Z+-0-9)?$
- patient.identifierSuffix This property is only used if patient.identifierRegex is empty. The string here is prepended to the sql indentifier search string. The sql becomes "... where identifier like '<PREFIX><QUERY STRING><SUFFIX>';". Leave empty for increased search speed on large patient databases.Valid values: A percent sign (%) or empty
- patientSearch.matchMode 'anywhere' means that a search for 'lis' will hit on both 'lisa' and 'dalis'.Valid values: ANYWHERE, STARTDefault value: 'start', meaning that patient name searches are matched at the beginning of names
- restrict_patient_attribute.tribe When marked as true, the tribe option can only be edited by users in a role that contains the "Edit Person Tribe" privilege.Valid values: true, falseThe global property restrict_patient_attribute.tribe is not used in OpenMRS 1.5 and later.
- use_patient_attribute.tribe When marked as true, the tribe option is not displayed anywhere in the web application.Valid values: true, false
- locale.allowed.list Locales which are allowed to be used for presenting translations of the user interface. The actual locales available to be selected are a subset of those available (for which a message_X.properties file exists) filtered by this value.Valid values: comma separated list of locale specifications of the form xx or xx_YY where: xx = ISO-639 language code YY = ISO-3166 country code. e.g. en_US, en_GB, fr, es_SP
- security.loginAttemptsAllowedPerIP (since 1.4.5) Number of times one IP can fail at logging in before being locked out. A value of 0 for this property means no IP lockout checks.Valid values: any integer