The system performance and utilization module provides information on system performance and utilization in order to monitor reliability and impact of the electronic medical record system installation. These indicators include both low level system indicators (CPU load, memory utilization, etc.) as well as application level indicators (# logins per day per user, # of opened charts, etc.). The system indicators are mainly developed using Java Management beans API's statistics. The graphical data is rendered using the Google Charts API.
Usage of Module
Application Indicators Option
System Indicators Option
Enable User Login in Invoke Trackers to get Login Details
- System Monitoring Indicators
System monitoring is currently focused on gathering and presenting information on low level system indicators on Memory utilization. The v1.0.0 which is the currently available module version provides graphical information on used memory of the OpenMRS installation, based on per second view and per minute views. The per second memory usage table displays data on the used memory for the last two minutes (120s) where the per minute table provides memory usage of the last 30 minutes.
2. Application Monitoring Indicators
The application monitoring is introduced to monitor what usage patterns are occurring number of opened charts during a set time period, number of modified charts during a set time period, number of active log ins etc. This is currently under development and the first phase of the implementation will be available with v 1.1.0 of the module which is due on August 2014.
Google Chrome Extension
- Developed and tested against OpenMRS 1.10+, OpenMRS 1.11+ versions.
- Download the System Performance and Utilization module 2.0.0
- Download the System Performance and Utilization module Google Chrome Extension
- Download the System Performance and Utilization module 1.x
- Source code:
- View/download source code for systemmetrics module from github
- Download source code from github
- Module Home
- Average memory usage of the system per seconds and minutes
- Average user log ins to the system per seconds and minutes
- Number of encounters created per hours and days
The following video is an overview and usage guide for the version 1.0.0 of the module.
Version 1.0.0 :
From Recent development:
- GSOC project page: System Performance and Utilization Module
- Module repository: https://addons.openmrs.org/#/show/org.openmrs.module.system-performance-and-utilization-module
- Project JIRA: https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/SPU
- Project Blog 2014: http://milindarukshan.blogspot.com/
- Project Blog 2015: https://vineetgsocer2015.wordpress.com/
- Github project source: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-systemmetrics
This module was developed by Unknown User (milindaruk) & Unknown User (vineetv2821993) as a GSoC Project under the mentoring of Unknown User (pascal) and Unknown User (janflowers). The module implementation information can be found in this page in the GSoC Projects section.