- Created by Unknown User (mbond), last modified by Unknown User (jthomas) on 2015-02-26
How To Join
Contact Jamie Thomas for more information on how to join the call.
- Local Community Update
- Partnership: ThoughtWorks/Bahmni Project
- 2014 Contributor Survey Results
- Organizational Plan "go-live date"
- Jamie Thomas
- Michael Downey
- Jan Flowers
- Bill Lober
- Mike Seaton
- Hamish Fraser
- Darius Jazayeri
- Paul Biondich
- Apologies: Pascal Brandt, Andy Kanter, Chris Seebregts
- Local Community Update - Michael (on behalf of Pascal)
- Pascal has been working with Kenya and Mozambique communities to create a space for communication and collaborate more publically and effeciaently.
- Kenya has space on the wiki http://kenya.openmrs.org/ and Mozambique will have a space shortly too
- Kenya has asked to have tagging on "Talk" to help organize things
- Pascal traveling to Maputo for 2 weeks to speak with students from UEM (#MOZ15 venue host) for GSoC ambassadorship
- Must go thru a process to be an offical community - https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/OpenMRS+Local+Communities
- Philippines and Nigeria are organizing to become communities as well
- 2014 Contributor Survey Results - Michael
- Survey results - https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-MNCVG5Q7/
- One take away is what is missing: training, testing and communication efforts (but we are rolling out some new strategies around this as a follow up from 2014Camp)
- Paul - Forums to act on this data?
- Michael - would scrub and summarize the feedback then publish these results publicly, then want to to map highlights for getting involved in the "organization plan" we have been working on
- Paul - my big take aways are that leadership ideas for growing organization are in line with community feedback and we will not be able to please everyone though
- Partnership: ThoughtWorks/Bahmni Project - Chris (via email)
- Chris - Unfortunately we are experiencing rolling blackouts in South Africa at the moment and Cape Town has no power this evening and only Edge on the cellular network. So, I won’t be able to connect to the conference call. I had a call with Emerson and Shruthi from the Bhamni project regarding their partnership requirements. We started off with requirements in three defined areas that can be elaborated, in future.
- Please could the Leadership Group let me have feedback on the points, below. I said I would get back to them tomorrow.
- There is a requirement to align the Bahmni roadmap more closely with the OpenMRS roadmap. Bahaman would benefit from better predictability and efficiencies in terms of leveraging community-driven development. OpenMRS would benefit by getting contributions of code developed as part of the Bhamni project. Is OpenMRS open to having such an arrangement formalised? If so, I will start to work on this.
- Bhamni project would like to strengthen its communications within OpenMRS. Would it perhaps be possible to have a Talk channel dedicated to the Bhamni project? Does this make sense?
- Bhamni project would like to strengthen its membership of the OpenMRS community. Would it be an idea to consider a distro (=Bhamni)-specific community (similar to regional-specific communities like eSaude for Mozambique) with a community lead (like Pascal for eSaude) and possible participation in OpenMRS Community leadership program?
- Organizational Plan "go-live date" - requested by Michael
- Fundraising - requested by Darius
- No labels
Text is available under the Creative Commons 4.0 International Attribution License (CC BY 4.0).
Software is available under the Mozilla Public License 2.0 with Healthcare Disclaimer (MPL 2.0 HD).
"OpenMRS" is a registered trademark and the OpenMRS graphic logo is a trademark of OpenMRS Inc.