This is an old and no longer supported version. Please see REST Module for the latest version.
What this module does
The module exposes the OpenMRS API as REST web services. If an OpenMRS instance is running the Webservices.REST module, other programs (and languages) can connect to retrieve and post certain information to an OpenMRS database.
Download OpenMRS 1.9.x extension module at https://modules.openmrs.org/modules/view.jsp?module=webservices.rest19ext (It is needed, if you are running OpenMRS 1.9.1 and want to access some of the new API methods, tables, and objects.)
Required OpenMRS Version
The REST Web Services module requires at least OpenMRS 1.9.0 or 1.8.1 to run.
The module exposes the OpenMRS API through light-weight resource objects off of the core OpenMRS objects. The structure is very similar, but not guaranteed to match up exactly.
This module uses Spring 3 annotations to expose URLs. Primary transport language is currently JSON with XML to be added at a later date.
For Creators of Web Service Core/Module Methods
For Web Service Client Developers
For more information on individual objects within the API, see REST Web Service Resources in OpenMRS 1.8
Initial project page: Enhanced Web Services (Design Page)
Development sprint 1: 2011-05-16 Development Sprint
Followup sprint: 2011-05-30 Development Sprint
Development sprint 2: 2011-07-05 Development Sprint
Example Client code
- Quick java swing client that displays patients and encounters: http://svn.openmrs.org/openmrs-contrib/examples/webservices/hackyswingexample/
- In the following link you can download a client (api) java that allows add - edit a person (any resource) and make a query to Webservice.Rest https://project-development-software-victor-aravena.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ClientOpenMRSRest/
- (23 bugs/features fixed/added)
- Fixed concept.answers
- Fixed patient.identifiers
- Made more resources editable
- Added ability to return retired resources generally
- Added Provider and Visit support to the 1.9ext module
- Main functionality realized with no new bugs
- 0.9 (Beta)
- 0.8 (Alpha)