AbstractOne of the most useful aspects of an electronic medical record system is data retrieval. While OpenMRS has some mature tools for data collection and reporting, we still need a good tool for rapid perusal of patient data. Jonathan Cummins has created a Chart Search tool for Regenstrief that uses SOLR to provide powerful, sub-second Google-like searching of a patient's record. The goal of this project is to build the first version of Chart Search for the OpenMRS platform.
- Create a Chart Search module for OpenMRS
- Embed Apache Lucene for indexing of documents
- Create a process to index all patient data (visits, encounter, observations)
- Create an initial UI for searching and filtering patient data
- Model the addition of data to the index in a manner that allows other modules to contribute their data
- Create a migration pathway for people starting with Chart Search and embedded Lucene to migrate to a separate SOLR server