- Created by Unknown User (jthomas), last modified on 2013-06-06
How To Join
Contact Unknown User (jthomas) for more information on how to join the call.
- Andy Kanter
- Burke Mamlin
- Andy Kanter - Meta-Data and Terminology Lead
- One can break up the process into several stages or components:
- Core terminology content development including mapping to standards (code mapping)
- Specialized domain content development (including subsetting of content, expansion of content, etc.)
- Mapping of user requirements to specific concepts (field mapping)
- Deployment of content within the software platform (including searching within forms, data capture tools, etc.)
- Meta-data modeling and information modeling including schema design
- Ontolological work including building of aggregate indicators and measures (including maps to standard quality measures, etc.)
- Reporting/Analysis using common algorithms, formulae and concepts
- Transactional translation or tagging for on-the-fly encoding of concepts
- Note: #1, 3 and 4 are minimally essential for success of the platform. Currently, different players perform thse functions.
- Next Steps
- Andy would like to connect w/ Chris about having partnership discussions
- IMO map to exsisting CIEL content
- Darius will need a subset of concepts from CIEL for the reference application
- Buke Mamlin - Engineering Lead
- Get roles defined - went through this process and have taken care of those that are high priority - need to work on helping to build developer experience
- Implementations noticeably more involved in development - want implementations to drive development e.g., Mirebalais
- Tangible maturation of our continuous deployment practices - Breeze coming on board and reference application have moved this forward
- Improve the experience for developers - GSoC project around SDK (Rafal mentoring)
- Trying to fulfill the 2013 technical road map - reference application road map - https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Reference+Application+Road+Map (trying to get goals done by end of August)
- Trying to make our deployment process better
- Have started bootstraping dev forum - holding Topic Fest evey quarter so that members feel more involved
- GSoC projects - student get announced Monday
- Repository proect - https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Module+Repository+Project
- TODO: Jamie set up a time for Darius, Michael, and Burke to talk about MPL 2
- See splintering in what is omrs development? - concerned as we scal up how do we maintain and create cohesion
- Next Steps
- Ownership of documentation - having someone waking up thinking about that - think Open Help Conference will be helpful
- More project managment and/or process to keep track of things
- Would be nice to go back over goals for roles every six months or so
- Next Week - Chris Seebregt and Micahel Downey will present next week
- No labels
Text is available under the Creative Commons 4.0 International Attribution License (CC BY 4.0).
Software is available under the Mozilla Public License 2.0 with Healthcare Disclaimer (MPL 2.0 HD).
"OpenMRS" is a registered trademark and the OpenMRS graphic logo is a trademark of OpenMRS Inc.