Getting Started as a Developer
- If you don't have one, create an OpenMRS ID, which you can use to contribute to this Wiki, manage tickets in JIRA, and more.
- Sign up for the developer and implementer mailing lists.
- Start using the OpenMRS Community Feed. Look in upper right for how to limit it if you want to cut out a small bit of the chatter.
- Configure your Eclipse environment with the Step by Step Installation for Developers
- Set up a blog and open a support ticket including your RSS URL so you can be included in the community feed.
- Watch some OpenMRS development screencasts at Blip.TV.
- Create your first OpenMRS module.
- Find some introductory tickets to work on and assign them to yourself. (Ask for clarification on the ticket if needed.)