24 January 2012
How To Join
Contact Unknown User (paul) for more information on how to join the call.
- Rwanda Update - Hamish
- Partnership Engagement Document - Chris
Rwanda Update - Hamish (30 min)
- Chris sent out a first draft document before the meeting about partnerships
- outlines the process and how we dcommunicate with
- We had a contact through the email - marketing company with purchase space or room for an article in a magazine
- Would like to follow up on opportunities like this and keep them on file
- Develop a streamline process to follow up in a coordinated fashion and in a timely matter. as well as to direct them to the apporpriate people in the community
- There should be more operational things that come up in the future with partnerships
- Prescreening prior to hitting Chris?
- Meetings go thorugh how to archive and record these interactions
- Rwanda Update
- Three main OMRS projects MVP, IMB, RHEA
- How they work together and do not, to better deploy tools
- Minsitry has been working on roll out plan for over 3 years now over 280 sites
- Moving from iqchat to openmrs, focus on HIV
- using for monthly reporting and sending to TRAC
- looking to roll out to more sites for registration, will need more resources and training
- SDMX output and link to the TRACnet system - have a working system
- Gilbert has been putting together this OpenMRSpolice hospital in Kigali
- patient registration running, ids, labs, decpensing and inventory in local pharmacy. have semi coded diagnosis list as well
- worried about the sustainability because of the customization
- working more sith standar forms which could be helpful
- IMB site has been running for 6 years - Kenya & Rwanda for PIH
- MESH initative - nurses are mentored by more senior clinicians
- use sync stations
- concept dictionary - the ministry has added concepts not part of the collaboration with IMB
- Rwamagana district is using the concept dictionary at two site
- Rwamagana has 4 registries - facility, client, provide, terminology services (RHEA project)
- Do not have a way to sync lab data
- would like to find a way for how these projects in Rwanda could collaborate on their efforts
- ministry in the process of hiring registry coordinators - curating content and content distribution
- thus terminology issues will be that persons area of intrest
- Focus for Rwanda's future will be HIV, TB, and accute care
- Worry that we may have issues with collaboration becasue in the past we could not get collaboration on the concept dictionary.
- what would be the benefit with harmonizing the RHEA sites with the IMB? - lab information systems could help to track HIV
- the more we can harmonize these projects the better things will be and work
- RHEA is an initative that was started by Richard and Jembi. PEPFAR and others have invested in the initative and so Ricahrd is in charge of the budget.
- For RHEA to succeed must have a value proposition of measureable impact.
- Use cases need to show value in health, should not focus on technology.
- Would like to see use cases that can provide deliverable measurable impact documented.
- MoH supported OpenMRS sites could benefit from sync