Child pages
  • 2010-04-22 Leadership Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

22 April 2010

How To Join

Contact Paul Biondich for more information on how to join the call.

In Attendance

Agenda

  • Review Previous Minutes
  • Organization Update (15 mins)
    • Online Presence Update
    • Non-Profit Update
  • Roadmap Work (15 mins)
  • OpenMRS Implementers Meeting 2010 (10 mins)
  • OpenMRS Internship Program (10 mins)
  • Introduce Topics for Future Meetings (5 mins)
    • Proposal for feasibility study of NHS CUI and OpenMRS (possible calllin by Mike Bainbridge and Kit Lewis)
    • Jembi developer projects (Logic Service, Concept Collaborative etc)

Minutes

Online Presence

  • We have secured two locations for our online presence, one at IU and one at OSUOSL
  • We intend to use IU's machine as a staging server, and host most of the production presence at OSU
  • Burke and Mike Downey will lead that conversation in developer's conference calls

Non-Profit Update

  • Dawn updated team on plans / work
    • Vision and Mission discussion for next week
    • Concurrent research on sole member LLC
  • Andy discussed how it's important to consider the implications between a private charity and a public charity
  • Darius mentioned his in his experience how important it is to get the vision/mission correct

Roadmap Work

  • Burke discussed his desire to put a stake in the ground on the release date for 1.7
  • Team began to brainstorm tactics towards scoping 1.8... talked about how Nareesa Mohammed and Hamish Fraser are producing a performance survey
  • Darius, Paul interested in seeing overview of ticket traffic... in typical Burke fashion, he already coded this function into Trac. (smile)
  • Will discuss moving towards a release date on today's developer's call

OMRS Implementers Meeting

  • Meeting date is set for 9-12 September, 2010
  • Wiki Page
  • OpenROSA interested in co-locating with our meeting
    • continued to want to be supportive of the community, many of the members have dual interest in OpenMRS
    • concerns about accommodation space at venue... is there enough room for both?
  • Chris talked about the likely interest of people attending that wouldn't normally be able, because of the MEDINFO 2010 meeting
  • Chris talked about potentially having people register for conference this year instead of go through the typical application process
  • ACTION: Dawn will help advertise the meeting on the announcement lists and other forums
  • ACTION: Dawn and Paul will work with Chris to investigate other funding oppportunities

OIP

  • OpenMRS has sponsored an internship program for a couple of years
  • We have a couple of slots available, desire to run these spots during Summer of Code period
  • Once we wrap up decisions on GSoC, we will quickly move towards a plan on selecting projects, mentors, and interns for OIP
  • Thought was that we could support at least one additional intern this summer

CUI Proposal

  • ACTION: Chris would like for us all to review the CUI proposal from the leadership list, to be discussed at the 05/06 conference call.

Jembi Developers

  • ACTION: Dawn, Paul, and Andy will talk with Chris on the leadership mailing list to get these projects moving forward