Wiki Spaces

Documentation
Projects
Resources

Get Help from Others

Q&A: Ask OpenMRS
Discussion: OpenMRS Talk
Real-Time: IRC Chat | Slack

Projects

Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Directory

Weekly Squad Call Info

Thursdays at 1pm UTC (6:30pm IST, 4pm EAT, 3pm CET, 6am PDT, 9am EDT) (GCal Invite link here)

(lightbulb) Join link: https://om.rs/zoomo3

(question) Slack Channel: https://openmrs.slack.com/archives/CHP5QAE5R

Topic Parking Lot

UX Design Topics Parking Lot

(lightbulb)Things to discuss on a UX/product design call, outside of squad calls(lightbulb)

  • Referrals from Ciaran: flow for creating a referral (b/c part of NCD Clinical views). Probably a view of a basket with this kind of order in there too
  • In-chart notifications
  • Grace - TALK If DOB unknown, but have Age Estimate - set DOB to Jan 1 or June 1?
  • Better Error Page: "Oops!" MF-808 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Design for deceased patient
  • Design for deceased patientPagination 
  • 3.0.1/SWR Implications: Design for "Loading / Stale but Updating

Architecture Design Topics Parking Lot

(warning)Things to discuss on a architectural design call, outside of squad calls(warning)

  • Reduce run-time of page loads
  • DX: Clean up garbage warnings in PRs
  • Tech debt: Clean up sllight disscrepencies in tech approach btwn esm-pt-chart and esm-pt-management
  • Form Recordability: Realistic clinician workflow: form → updating conditions. All should be form-recordable (e.g. conditions). Starting with associating with encounter; how do you know which condition was added first - should see in the order that you collected them, and see where . https://talk.openmrs.org/t/introducing-a-platform-team-for-openmrs/33828/19

Meeting Notes

2022-06

2022-07-28 Squad Call

Review QA Plan

Review Sprint Board - end very old sprint and start new one. Confirm active work. 

2022-07-21 Squad Call

Attendees: Anjula Samarasinghe, Grace (OMRS), Irene (Vol), David (PIH), Pius (OHRI/METS), Vineet (Mekom), Zac (Mekom), Romain (Mekom), Tendayi (OMRS Fellow), Melkam (ICAP-Ethiopia), Makombe Ken (Palladium), Edison, Johnstone, Jonathan Teich, 

Docs expectations: Should be some  form of ReadMe for every esm app. Esp. if users of that app should know anything about how to configure it. eg: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-esm-patient-chart/tree/master/packages/esm-patient-test-results-app Why: Otherwise, folks will fork the code to customize, when configuration was actually possible. If in a hurry can ping Grace to ask for quick docs support. (eg https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-esm-patient-management/pull/271)


  • Zac: Update to bulk data entry feature - moved save buttons to right: 
    • Q: Romain: Progress with saving forms in draft? To discuss.  
  • Anjula: Cohort Module: Search by encounters & search by locations. Stuck on drug order - created REPORT-890, following up w/ Daniel. Can now clear date ranges after selecting. Feedback & updates: https://talk.openmrs.org/t/gsoc-2022-redo-legacy-ui-cohort-builder-project-updates/36847/29
  • Vineet: Attachments widget improvements. Can drag and drop multiple files. Able to add an explicit name and description. Need backend support for storing the description. 
  • Ken Makombe: Migrating all of KEMR to O3 by end of Sept (though may not have all features; any feature not in O3 users can still find in KEMR - so they are still maintaining KEMR), Ken leading this process. Latest issue: Maintaining Form Entry resource, having resource support in the O3 JSON Schema. Configuration of IDs on the registration page: If you don't provide values, errors out. Donald provided a fix. Need PR for Address Hierarchy.  
  • Pius: Working w Dennis to get upgrades added / roll out 4.0 branch. Re. dispensing: Samuel doing Ord
  • Working on Patient Queues. 



2022-07-18 Product Design Call

Attendees: David, Jonathan, Samuel L, Burke, Wamz, Grace, Tendayi

Demo by David of Haiti EMR pathology sample tracking: Form that creates an order behind the scenes

Upload PDF report: ___

Way to know what needs follow up. Haven't done this for general lab sample tracking, explicitly excluded because plan is for the LIMS system to cover that. 



2022-07-14


Anjula: Added more search pieces: Demographics, Person Attributes, Encounters, and Location. Next: Search by Drug Order. 


Lack of Dev3 demo data is a Blocker for Anjula b/c can't test the Search Results properly when there are no patients to search! Grace to post on Talk for f/u. 


Pasindu: Spinning up new environment for tests: O3-1316 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Dennis: Updated esm-core

Updating esm-patient-chart to include all the updates in: 

esm-patient-management: working 4.0 branch is out of date at the moment so Dennis addressing that now. 

Specifics people should know about changes: See ReadMe documentation. 

Another Hackathon with Palladium colleagues: Worked through workflows for KenyaEMR in O3. eg Skip logic in forms. 

Updated documentation on how to extend ampath form engine:

Solomon: Working w/ Palladium, applying conversion script to UgEMR forms (smile) Bulk of their forms can indeed be converted from HTML to O3 JSON! 

A number of features/use case coverage requested by users after presentation about O3 - team decided they needed to do more instead of just focusing on Maternity. So now also expanded to "Family Health": mothers, fathers, immunizations, maternity/antenatal. Multiple bootcamps planned over coming months to work on expanded scope. Goal was always to start in field by start of Oct. Visiting facility next week to do workflow validation, get input from people at facilities. 

Need Service Queues call to kick start momentum again. 


Zac: 




2022-07-7

Attendees: Piumal (GSOC), Grace (OMRS), Ian (Brown), Ciaran (Sonder/Ampath), Deb (Vol), Solomon S (UgEMR/METS), Anjula (GSOC), Joshua (OMRS Fellow), Romain (Mekom), Zac (Mekom), Manoj Lakshan (question), Irene (Vol), Vineet (Mekom), Samuel M (UCSF), Roy Ntaate (question), Tendayi (OMRS Fellow), Mwanje Musa (UgEMR/METS), Edison (Vol), Samuel L (UgEMR/METS), Vineet (Mekom), Sharif (Vol)

Anjula: 

Styling improvements to search box navigation. Search results clear:

Save cohort results:

Clear search history:

Next week: Search by demographics

CSV results: SL: Have you looked at the Data Export function where you can select which columns to download etc? Will still be able to use it as long as you save your cohort. 

All is currently on Anjula's local. Can we get dev3 server running w/ reporting + reporting rest module? Ian was TODO - Grace to f/u with Rafal: TODO - dev3 server works fine and they're theoretically there, but it won't start the reporting and reporting rest modules; not sure why and this is blocking Anjula's work from getting into dev3.  This is working in UgEMR


Piumal: Import:

PR: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-esm-admin-tools/pull/3

Zac: React Utils error state idea - PR to come. Ian voiced agreement and suggested using the esm-styleguide repo. 

Update: Working on Ampath Form Engine - forms were loading slowly. Batch request to load concepts. Came to platform team to ask for help w/ that endpoint; no attendees. 

Vineet: Start Visit button in the patient search workflow (smile)

"Search patient" component button now available from any page (de-attached from the service queue work)


Ciaran: +++ Updates in Zeplin; everything we've talked about in the last few months are now more clearly added here; eg Tasks label: 



2022-07-04

Attendees: Ciaran (Sonder/Ampath), Grace (OMRS), Tendayi (OMRS Fellow), Irene (Vol), JJ (Ampath)

Ciaran mostly away July 11 - Aug 29; responses to urgent messages each monday; everything else non-urgent 

Finishing tasks, stickies, help menu, patient flags, new order basket & organizing in Zeplin. Creating design/dev handover materials, change log as well. 

Seeing different types of orders in your order basket: This Was user tested at end of last year, just never put in zeplin. Put in zeplin now. 

User Testing Findings from Tasks thus far: 

Very palpable excitement about tasks and flags in user testing. (All Ampath users, 2 retention workers, 3 clinicians) 2 team members from Palladium also involved in design. 

Trying to finalize tasks: difference btwn required vs recommended task; users didn't get the difference in testing. All users asked for tasks to be assigned to a role. 

Users were expecting to use sticky notes in a similar way to how they were expecting to use tasks. But, once users saw the tasks, then expected to use sticky notes to share misc. important information (this is how Ciaran expected them to use stickies). 

Changed to only 1 sticky rather than multiple. 


Editing a task: 

2022-06-30: Squad call

Attendees: Grace (OMRS), Samuel L (METS/UgEMR), Kumuditha (GSOC), Cynthia K (Palladium), Ciaran (Sonder/Ampath), Burke (OMRS), Jon Teich (Vol), Deb (Vol), Patrick Wangoo (Palladium), Kennedy (Palladium(, Patrick Waweru

Announcements

  • UgandaEMR having their annual implementers meeting right now with 100 people; announced plan to move to O3, received with excitement.  
  • Paul Adams currently doing UX Research for O3 in Cambodia. 

Demos

  • Deb: Tablet view for Order Basket
      • Get the highlight if you exit the form:
  • Anjula: Cohort Builder visual update
    • UI change proposed:
      • Current state: 
  • Zac: Bulk form entry
    • Search for a patient
    • Work through 1-form-a-patient
    • Burke feedback: as a user, having consistency on how patient header/summary is displayed is helpful. We don't have to show exactly the same banner everywhere, but if we are showing avatar+name+age+gender+ID, it should always looks the same. 
    • Burke feedback: 
    • We will follow up with Talk thread to clarify header standards. 
    • https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-esm-fast-data-entry-app
  • Kumuditha: Requested Ciaran's feedback on design proposal for Form Builder UI: https://talk.openmrs.org/t/gsoc-2022-next-generation-form-builder-ui-for-the-openmrs-community-discussion/36817/5
  • Vineet: Start Visit button implemented in patient search results
  • Juliet: O3-1351 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • O3-1365 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • O3-1347 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Though Donald fixed this in the Ampath Form rendered, so even if this works correctly in the Ampath form engine, it doesn't work in custom react-coded forms (eg the conditions widget form)
  • Hadijah: Bug fix: The left nav is highlighting correctly based on which page you are on, finally!!
  • Musa: Working on UgEMR O3 forms
    • Need rules for when to show/hide Clinical Views - Talk post on vision for - it would also make sense to add the view automatically if a patient is enrolled in a certain program. Starting with user privilege & patient program assignment(s) seems like a good start.
    • Samuel & Musa. (Tag brandon re groups config) Dynamically Change. Activating vs Hiding. "Show if" vs "Hide if". Ping Samuel 
  • Ciaran: Wrapping up flows and roder basket, get into Zeplin by end of next week. 
    • Flags: very warm reception in user testing w/ Retention workers and Clinicians. Now considering adding flags in Pt Summary so they don't follow you around in the pt chart and clear up the header a bit. 
    • But can still refer to them like here:
    • Users all liked ability to change/turn off flags:
    • Also tested having people onboard themselves - helper menu floating in side rail
    • Walkthrough worked really nicely, eg with tooltips like this:
    • Tasks usability testing feedback: Want filter to only show me tasks relevant to my role
    • Showing
    • Better search experience in search "Add drug order"  

2022-06-30: Workshop:  HFE to O3 Form Schema Conversion

2022-06-23: 

2022-06-23: Squad call

Recording: https://iu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/t/1_n5sk9lqy

Attendees: Abert (Vol), Grace (OMRS), Anjula (GSOC), Samuel Lubwama (METS/UgEMR), Solomon Ssevvume (METS/UgEMR), Irene (Vol), Samuel Male (UCSF/OHRI), Todd Anderson (PIH/IMB Rwanda), Eric A (Ampath), Juliet (Vol), Pasindu (GSOC), Ian (Brown), Ciaran (Sonder/Ampath), Tendayi (OMRS Fellow), Florida (Ampath), Jayasanka (Vol), Vineet (Mekom), Eudson (UCSF/OHRI), Dennis (Ampath), JJ (Ampath), Musa (METS/UgEMR), Jesse, Zac (Mekom)

  • Anjula: Shared update of cohort builder in O3 UI (big grin) Request from Samuel Lubwama to combine multiple variables in a single search - Anjula confirmed by end of GSOC projects you'll have existing fx. Ciaran to f/u with design feedback for cohort builder UI.
  • Pasindu: Shared update of O3 E2E test work; to use this dockerized version that uses "latest" version of app. We will also be setting up another repo specific for O3 E2E tests. 
  • Juliet: Dragging size of Panel filter UI 
  • Vineet: Patient search - more user-friendly:
    • Can't implement showing "Pts you recently searched" b/c specific to the user which needs to be saved on the backend. --> Follow up on Talk. 
  • Zac: Working w/ Donald to allow ability to have a "permissive workflow" with Ampath Forms so that you don't need an active visit or encounter ID associated with a form. eg RDE: Form captures when  the visit happened, so we shouldn't force user to go in and start a visit manually as well. Doesn't break philosophy that there's still an encounter associated with the obs. 
  • Solomon Ssevvume (METS): Ensuring O3 forms updated. Goal is for O3 UgEMR iteration to be in MCH facility by Oct 1 (smile) Biggest holdup now is that Service Queues are ready for their point of care reality. Grace to follow up re connecting METS w/ ongoing Ampath/Palladium work. 
  • Dennis Kigen (Ampath): Updates to Form Builder documentation (smile) New guides for referencing forms, hiding fields, performing calcs, updated guidance on how to do validation, and Developer guide on how to get Form Builder on your server! (smile) And some improvements to the Form Builder webapp itself. Webpack issues blocking progress on 3.0 branch on pt-chart branch; Dennis & Zac & Ian to f/u. 
  • KenyaEMR Palladium/Ampath forms hackathon update: ~60 Palladium KenyaEMR forms converted from HFE→O3 forms!! BAs + QAs up and running w/ builder. 
  • Design Updates from Ciaran:
  • Ciaran: Experimenting with Onboarding flow:

Updated Referral Order flow:


Reason for block-ifying the Vitals? 


2022-06-16 Squad Call - Embedding Widgets in Forms

Recording: https://iu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/t/1_huo0jtmp

Highlight: Update from Samuel Male (UCSF) - Embedding Conditions Widget in a form: https://iu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/t/1_huo0jtmp?st=1185 

Demo of the Condition Widget actually being embedded in a form!

Samuel also shared that OHRI is working on adding Clinic Trend Charts, eg:

2022-06-13 Design Call - Patient Flags & Alerts, User Tasks, and Queue Workflows

https://iu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/t/1_8h9v37nn

Talk post re Queue Workflows: 


2022-06-09 Squad Call

https://iu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/t/1_g1jql7yc

Attendees: Vineet (Mekom), Grace (OMRS), Kumuditha (GSOC), Anjula (GSOC), Derrick (Ampath), Todd (IMB/PIH Rwanda), Juliet (Vol), Jayasanka (Vol), Jonathan (Vol), Tendayi (OMRS Fellow), Zac (Mekom), Ian (Brown), Eudson (UCSF), Ciaran (Ampath/Sonder), Joshua (OMRS Fellow), Deb (Vol), Samuel Lubwama (METS/UgEMR), Donald (Ampath), Amos (OHRI/UoN), Noah (Vol), Kennedy (Palladium), Eric (Ampath), Dennis (Ampath), Pius (OHRI/METS), Moses (ITECH), Jessie (Vol)

React 18 update - Zac Major thing we should do and finish quickly b/c branch is getting bigger & bigger. Need 4.0 branch for patient-chart, esm-home (already done for -core and -patient-management)…. React router 6, faster with React 18, Carbon → Outline of steps here: http://o3-dev.docs.openmrs.org/#/under_the_hood/migrating_react_18 

Dennis working on Carbon upgrade of patient-chart - Dennis to push local; could take on the React upgrade for patient-chart

UgandaEMR team met for a focused week last week of setting up O3 to work on UgandaEMR, prepping for an MCH pilot. Worked through some issues with next/latest, found need to release current snapshot of SDK - Ian to f/u. Building an esm- called UG EMR esm, to add all their forms in there then add to distro to add to main module of UG EMR, so once building using SDK, all is bundled together in that esm, then bundled into .war file they can ship to the facilities. Not yet succeeded with .war bundling but HISTAC colleague has solution. Connected w/ Service Queue folks last week. 

How do we package using a .war file

Timeline: Sept for last mo of devlpmt, Oct deploy in field for feedback starting in MCH. Start to transition all programs to the new look. By April-May, mainstream deployment of O3 / transforming, training whole country and IPs on new look and how to scale. Will be mix of NGO, public, private facilities. Private for profit, government facilities - representation. 

Kennedy Palladium: Frontend mostly done as per designer, now about getting the backend finalized. 

Pt Queuing module: Doesn’t have all the features of the new frontend, which is why a new Queuing module was created. 

Juliet working on back button in login screen, and “Found x patients” bug where count is wrong, and ID search not working Blocked on O3-959

Surprised, the ID search is working in dev3. Just tested it out with 10001NG - we don’t have FHIR endpoint that can search for patients (right now we have one for name and one for id)

→ Works with REST API but not FHIR API

Should be able to combine with any parameters using AND/OR → Donald and Cynthia tried this when working on Queue workflow search and using AND returned a nul error

LOG ISSUE FOR THIS

PIH-Rwanda general design for oncology single-patient view: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1rLR6hDgc1VOs7Pjv9gW1IRC_HxyFsUddbR9S_cJvZCw/edit#slide=id.g12d03522d6c_0_0 Brandon will be working in-person w/ them in Rwanda to set this up as the first IMB-Rwanda O3 implementation. 

I'll mention the clinical background and 'most recent text obs' too

PATIENT FLAGS & USER TASKS

2 levels of hierarchy: 

High-contrast - need action

low-contrast flags - FYI - things currently true about the patient but don’t really require direct action 

Telling user that an action has been done successfully or unsuccessfully

Snackbar notifications instead of toasts: 

Pt flags


How could you configure these


2022-06-06 Design Call

https://iu.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/t/1_7vh7tucv

2022-05

2022-05-26 Squad Call

EAT TIME: Attendees: Zac (Mekom), Grace (OMRS), Juliet (Vol), Dennis (Ampath), Donald (Ampath), Daniel (OMRS), Cynthia (Palladium)

  • Agreement from attendees (both EAT & PDT) that this time works better, and we'd prefer 1 call
  • Zac:
    • Carbon update in progress → Advice from Dennis not to say "Use Carbon Styles". Coaching from Dennis on how to add the color variables to esm-core in files.css, and reference those in your later work. Dennis & Zac to have follow up conversation on good practices for how to reference colors. https://carbondesignsystem.com/data-visualization/color-palettes/
    • Got patient search to run 
  • Dennis: 
    • Completed showing Abnormal VS work (in header and widget):
    • Upgrade to Carbon 11; includes the following: 
  • Donald: 
    • Fix of display issues on small screens
    • Completed React Router update!
  • Cynthia: 
    • past visits details display in the service queue table
  • Juliet: 
    • Attachments: Fixed PDF widget O3-1221 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Blocked on O3-698 - Getting issue details... STATUS ; decision that we should not continue to spend time on Immunization widget as it's not a good use of time right now
  • Concerns Raised: 
    • Registration App is very unideal, both w.r.t. UX/requirements and way it's coded. Not well equipped for real-world (eg preventing duplicate patient creation) and not a good technical example (it's the first code folks tend to look at). Eg feedback from RW team this week was that it was so unideal they needed to create a whole new app. Also doesn't meet requirements we're seeing in field e.g. "similar patient lookup"
      • Agreement: Let's have a focused session to unpack re-working the Registration App when Vineet back the week of June 7th → Grace f/u on setting up. Min technical requirement is, folks should have reviewed the code.  

PDT TIME: 

  • Zac: Recap of previous meeting
  • Deb: Working on appointment form. It seems that "service type" is not coming from the backend, but is required for the form. Will reach out to the Platform team to confirm what the issue is.
  • Abert: Working on Primary and Secondary diagnoses widget on Visit Note. Currently working on changing to using REST call for endpoint. 

2022-04

2022-04-28: Squad Call

Attendees: Grace (OMRS), Vineet (Mekom), Prathamesh Mutkure (Vol), Kumuditha (Vol), Hadijah (OMRS Fellow), Juliet (Vol), Brandon (PIH), Ciaran (Sonder/Ampath), Zac (Mekom), Ian (Brown), Abert Namanya (Vol), Deb (Vol), Sumedha Karunarathna (Vol), Joshua Nsereko (Vol), Arthur Mugume (UCSF), Eudson Bambo (UCSF), Irene Nyakate (Vol), Pius Piru (UCSF), Anjula Samarasinghe (Vol), Lars Lemos (UCSF)



2022-04-25: Design call: Appointments, Summary designs

Attendees: Burke (OMRS), Ciaran (Sonder/Ampath), David (PIH), Eric A (Ampath), Eric K (Palladium), Eudson (UCSF), Joachim (Vol), Jonathan Teich (Vol), Kote Cosmas (Palladium), Paul Adams (Sonder/UCSF), Romain (Mekom), Vineet (Mekom), Wamathaga (UCSF), Lousa (Palladium), Zac (Mekom), Grace Potma (OMRS)

O3 Appointments designs: Presentation by Lousa Yogo (Palladium):


Note there are some built-in things to help with Decision Making:

Yellow Flags: help with decision making by person booking the appointment - e.g. with Caroline above, you wouldn't want to book an appointment 6 months from now, because she's already known to have followup/attendance problems. 

Load balancing: Help provider choose a date that's not already going to be hectic


Suggestions: 

  • How to handle pts who have appointments with multiple services in a day? (Kote)
  • How to update the appointment date if the patient cancelled but is coming another day? (Eric)


Patient Summary designs: Presentation by Paul Adams (Sonder Design / Ampath)

Paul has been reflecting on the custom HIV Summary widget created by Ampath, which we observed was very loved and heavily used by end users of many types (eg retention, clinician)

.



2022-03

2022-03-31 - 


Previous Visit Tab added to Service Queues - by Kennedy Makombe, Palladium

Encounters: 



Samuel demo'd support for grouping menu items in the Clinic Dashboard left  nav bar




2022-03-31

Appointments!

KEMR 3.x test envi now has HTS forms - not difficult because concepts all ready to go. For their server, added some config

How to configure recommended forms (recommended forms are driven by Visit type)

Visit UUID

Form validation becomes tricky

Task: Next button: First instinct is to press "save" button to go to next page

Onboarding support for BAs to Form Builder: Training video & Login instructions

Ampath: Start visit, triage, clinical consult form

Mekom: 

  • Managing lists of patients and tables, along with lists supported by backend

  • Big complicated forms with lots of logic


Lab Lite: Designs shared by Abinhab, Akhil, and Nouman

Trigger event: Patient walks in with a hard-copy result or report in their hand


#of appointments booked should be showing: 

Use api from common O3 appointment module, and we can query that 


Questions



2022-03-24 Squad Call

Attendees: Grace Potma, Dennis Kigen, 

Registration of Anonymous Patients / with unknown names: Progress shared by Zac Butko (Mekom) O3-1165 - Getting issue details... STATUS


API Mocking: Dennis MSW Seamless - inspired by https://kentcdodds.com/blog/stop-mocking-fetch 

Turborepo https://turborepo.org is

Registration: Support for custom text-only attributes O3-1054 - Getting issue details... STATUS (e.g. Birthplace and Citizenship text support) added by Vineet (Mekom) 


Dennis 

CI Builds taking 22 mins → 7 mins. Reason: Remote computation caching enabled - so anytime you want to re-run stuff in a cache, it can just fetch them when it rebuilds. (Previoiusly needed to re-run the yarn.build command just within the form entry app)


Joshua Nsereko : https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-esm-patient-management/pull/136 

Dispensing App: This just in: Mike Seaton (PIH) has created a hello-world for the dispensing app!  Still some backend changes to be made, some more planning needed. 

Updates from the field:

Ampath expanded the 3.x pilot to 3 clinics' clinicians (desktop), and 1 triage nurse (tablet) and 1 receptionist (tablet)
PIH Peru is making the vitals form button configurable with an Ampath form (direct request from PIH Peru!) Brandon (PIH). Socios En Salud (SES / PIH Peru, with @Miguel Andres Huamani Pacheco) need an O3 appointments module. 



2022-03-21 Design Call

Dr. Jacob Odihambo

User Feedback on Chrolonogical Timeline feature Maze feedback

Lousa has done some OpenMRS 3.x mockups


Need for an intermediary page before the area-specific dashboard

(Same as left hand nav)



F/U: 

App switcher use case

Left nav convention


2022-03-14

Review of Order designs - to get Maze out asap. 


Poll on Meeting Time (because daylight savings change this weekend): https://openmrs.slack.com/archives/CHP5QAE5R/p1646695673757679 

Attendees: Romain, Vineet, Zac, Amos, Arther Mugume, Brandon, Burke, Ciaran (Ampath), Daniel (OMRS), Deb (Vol), Donald (Ampath), Fred (_), Dennis (Ampath), Zac (Mekom), Vineet (Mekom), 


Dennis: Queues: Data coming from backend now

 

Actual patients being called from backend, real priority levels (no longer hard-coded examples), Pt search, Advanced pt search!


Vineet demo'd infinity loading for login locations; changes to implementer tools


Zac demo'd Tree Filtering

Array takes default concept UUID but this can be further config'd in implementer tools


Brandon demo'd linking and new model for Groups

Way to add left nav element using config: Generic extension called navGroup that isn't attached to any one extension by default. Add to pt chart


Designs: 


PR Reviews: 

  • esm-core: Brandon (PIH), Vineet (Mekom), Dennis (Ampath), Deb Nanfuka (Volunteer)
  • esm-patient-chart: Donald (Ampath), 


2022-03-07 Design Call


2022-03-3 Squad Call

  • Attendees: Vineet (Mekom), Grace (OMRS)< Kumuditha (Vol), Deb (Vol), Eric A (Ampath), Samuel (UCSF), Sonia (ICRC), Ciaran (Ampath), Jesse Kyambadde (_), Derrick (Ampath), Irene (Vol), Donald (Ampath), Romain (Mekom), Juliet (Vol), Jushua (Vol), Pius (UCSF), Joseph Kagimu (_), Sumedha (Vol), Zac (Mekom), Ian (Brown), Brandon (PIH), JJ (Ampath), Jon T (Vol) 
  • Announcement re Translation Mappings layer for Ampath Forms Engine, and Custom Component support in Ampath Forms (need to update documentation) https://ampath-forms.vercel.app/ 

  • Weekly Frontend Core PR Contributor Recognition:
    • esm-core: Dennis (Ampath), Donald (Ampath), Ian (Brown), Brandon (PIH)
    • esm-patient-management: Dennis (Ampath), Brandon (PIH), Donald (Ampath)
    • esm-patient-chart: 

2022-02

2022-02-28 Design Call

Attendees: Grace (OMRS), JJ (Ampath), Ciaran (Ampath), Paul (UCSF), Eric (Ampath), Delphine (ICRC), John Esplana (ICRC), Jon Teich (Vol), Wamz (UCSF), Lousa (Palladium), Romain (Mekom), Zac (Mekom)

  • Maze for Chronological view
  • Appointments Planning
    • ICRC has already used Bahmni Appointments alongside OpenMRS 2.x - that was developed by ThoughtWorks. When user clicks on "Appointments", takes to these screens: https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAH/pages/32604198/Appointment+Scheduling Widgets were developed for ICRC to show on the 2.x User Experience / pt dashboard. 
      • ICRC patient chart appointments-related widgets are here:  
    • Expectation is that we would develop custom widgets for the 3.x patient chart
    • Backend; Would bring in OMOD needed to support Bahmni Appointments on backend. 
      • Plan: Grace set up Appointments team huddle w/ UCSF, Palladium, and Mekom/ICRC reps
  • Referrals Update from Ciaran:  
    • Concern voiced that search bar in orders bar is not so visually obvious. Ciaran to look at calling it out a bit clearer. 
  • Test Results Tree  
    • Discussion on how to visualize nodes in the tree that have no data - Ciaran and Zac to continue online
  • Review of Bahmni Consult Workflow
      • Thoughtful process went into creating this flow for a consultation.
      • But, feedback from users is, would like to see patient data while doing form. 
      • Two key takeaways: 
        • Structure of flow (via the tabs on top)
        • Integration of multiple forms: Ability to add additional Forms (so user doesn't have to pick one specific form from the start)
          • JJ and Wamz: I like this as a clinician because then I can do Diabetes stuff and HIV stuff in one place; don't have to open different form. I can do PMTCT, TB, etc - all that as one workflow.  
          • We could accomplish this by using the existing model of Ampath Forms' "Component Forms" - breaking forms down into smaller units that get pulled in
          • Thinking of these mini-forms as "pages", and a way to bring in those pages

2022-02-25 Squad Call

Attendees: Grace (OMRS), Zac (Mekom), JJ (Ampath), Brandon (PIH), Daniel (OMRS), Deb (Vol), Donald (Ampath), Eric (Ampath), Irene (Vol), Jonathan T (Vol), Lars (UCSF), Pius (UCSF), Pasindu (Vol), Romain (Mekom), Jen (OMRS), Arthur (Vol)

New Epic to Track Backend Needs: TRUNK-6065 - Getting issue details... STATUS We encourage all devs to create tickets where they feel they are doing acrobatics to get the data they need from the backend. Our frontend team is in the best position to know where things are unnecessarily burdensome when it comes to interactions with the backend


esm-core: 

esm-patient-management: Vineet (Mekom), 

esm-patient-chart: Donald (Ampath), Kennedy (Palladium), Dennis (Ampath), Piumal (Vol), Brandon (PIH)


2022-02-21 Design Call

Attendees: Eric A (Ampath), JJ (Ampath), Burke (OMRS), Grace (OMRS), Ciaran (Ampath), Zac (Mekom), Delphine (ICRC), Jonathan T (Vol), Paul (UCSF), Lousa (Palladium)

Clarification of Chart Header Navigation patterns

Need to have 100% consensus about pt chart overlay/nav

Realization that we have some philosophical design questions to clear up

- can user quit a patient chart halfway throgh and come back to it?
- does patient chart render in different ways across different apps (outpatient, pharmacy)
- notifications are always accesssible

Plan for distributing Maze for Chronological View

Paul will 

2022-02-17 Squad Call

Attendees: Grace, Burke, Brandon (PIH), Ciaran (Ampath), Daniel (OMRS), Dennis (Ampath), Derrick (Ampath), Donald (Ampath), Eric (Ampath), fred, Grace B (Vol), Ian (Brown), Jesse Kyambadde, JJ (Ampath), Jonathan T (Vol), Lars (UCSF), Makome Ken (Palladium), Manuel (Mkeom), Pius Piru (UCSF), Samuel Male (UCSF), Settimba (Volunteer), Sharif (Volunteer), Sumedha (Volunteer), Sonia (ICRC), Zac (Mekom) 

Issues: Caching of pt Active Visit stage

Demos:

  • Ampath Pilot / Clinical Testing update from Eric A: 3 users using! & sharing feedback from 1 week of clinical testing. Issues have been listed & prioritized and are already under development. 
    • Next: Want to introduce Triage form + Differentiated Care Form, and then add Nurse users (smile) 
    • Side navigation while still being able to view pt chart is a compliment. Clinicians finding they can go through chart faster than before. 
  • Donald: fixed form layout and now left nav sticks to left 
  • Dennis: Vitals header title: Abnormal results get flagged
  • Zac: Filtered view! For labs
  • Kennedy Makombe (Palladium): Queues
    • Need home page dashboard switching → once this feature done
    • Notion of "home page" is not super clear. Clarity on where people go when they get to the site. 
  • PR Contributor Recognition:

    • esm-patient-chart: Donald (Ampath), Dennis (Ampath), Zac (Mekom), Piumal (Volunteer), Brandon (PIH), Manuel (Mekom), 
    • esm-patient-management: Dennis (Ampath), Cynthia Kamau (Palladium), Vineet (Mekom), Donald (Ampath)
    • esm-core: Brandon (PIH), Manuel (Mekom), Florian (Mekom)


    Updated Contributing Guidelines 

2022-02-14: Design Call:

Attendees: Paul A (UCSF), Wamz (UCSF), JJ (Ampath), Burke (OMRSInc), Grace (OMRSInc), Ciaran (Ampath), David (PIH), Lousa (Palladium), Zac (Mekom), Dr Jonathan Teich (Volunteer)

  • Figma Update: Still planning to transition from Sketch to Figma in Q1 this year (just building the designs into Figma manually - Carbon doesn't automatically update Figma like it does Sketch → requires manual updates going forward)
  • PIH concerns re Dispensing designs
    • How to handle scenario where patient has a paper Rx, esp. not from this facility/none of your facilities' providers
  • OHRI Work Updates
    • Summary Tile pulled out of the feed; sits above the chronological info
    • Visual view: 
      • Could there be an icon (instead of colored line) to indicate what type of thing happened (e.g. medication)
      • Maze user testing link ready for sharing around tomorrow (thanks Paul) (smile) (smile) (smile) 
      • Concern discussed: just showing only encounters/visits for one type of condition (e.g. only HIV-related visits in the HIV Clinical View) could cause clinician to miss important other visits also going on (e.g. NCD interactions). Wamathaga Kamau & Paul A to discuss and get back to us. 

2022-02-10: Squad Call

Attendees: Brandon (PIH), Grace (OMRS), JJ (Ampath), Anjula (Volunteer), Burke (OMRS), Daniel (OMRS), Deb (Volunteer), Derrick (Ampath), Dimitri (Mekom), Eric (Ampath), Fred, Grace B (Volunteer), Irene N (Volunteer), Jayasanka (Volunteer), Joachim (Volunteer), Jon Teich (Volunteer), Kumuditha (Volunteer), Manuel (Mekom), Pasindu (Volunteer), Piumal (Volunteer), Pius Piru (UCSF), Romain (Mekom), Samuel (UCSF), Seremba, Sharif (Volunteer), Sonia Madureira (ICRC), Sumedha (Volunteer), tendo (Volunteer), Vineet (Mekom), Zac (Mekom)

Offline actions demo by Manuel. Note re updates to Sync API.  Also now preventing manual ID creation in offline mode. 

Workspace refactor done - shared by Brandon (PIH). (New API demo'd last time.) Now possible to launch pt chart with the workspace open (e.g. to kick off workflow of "start visit". Additional props can be propagated. No raise condition btwn workspace and chart. 

Turning Timeline component into first-class citizen - Zac (Mekom)

Proof of concept:

Demo from Vineet (Mekom) of 

Demo of E2E workflow updates from Jayasanka, Piumal (Volunteers). Docker image for 3.x server not running. To discuss online. 


Going to live on HIV Care and Treatment Page.

PR Contributor Recognition:

  • esm-patient-chart: Brandon (PIH), Manuel (Mekom), Donald (Ampath), Zac (Mekom), Psousa (ICRC), Piumal (Volunteer). Release done for patient chart - thanks Brandon!
  • esm-patient-management: Dennis (Ampath), Ian (Brown), Vineet (Mekom), Cynthia (Palladium), Joshua N (Volunteer) (Release now at v 3.1, thanks Brandon and Ian)
  • esm-core: Manuel (Mekom), Vineet (Mekom), Brandon (PIH), Ian (Brown) (Note new FAQ docs, thanks Brandon!)


2022-02-07: Design Call

Attendees: Zac (Mekom), Burke, Eric A (Ampath), Grace, Wamz (UCSF), JJ (Ampath), Lousa (Palladium), Kote (Palladium), Paul A (UCSF), Ciaran (Ampath), Jon T, Delphine (ICRC), David (PIH)

Production Pilot went live at Ampath! Key Feedback Items for this team to be aware of:

  • Simpler Lab View: Want to see a basic / simpler view. Need to uncouple Overview Panels as a primary way of navigating labs. 
    • Clinicians seeing a very specific type of condition will want a simple table with specific labs
    • Clinicians seeing a broad base of patients with many possible conditions are more likely to appreciate the "latest results" inbox experience that the Overview offers
    • Eventually, we want folks to be able to both filter and one simpler view
  • Auto-Update the Page when I add info: Follow up on thursday call

Referrals Update: Ciaran working on this

HIV Summary Visual Updates:

  • Chronological view of Summary (within a Clinical View's context)
    • Leverages Series of Flags defined by Wamz, e.g. High viral load, changes to Enrollment, transferred out, etc. Significant support and interest in this view expressed from Palladium, Ampath, PIH representatives.


  • We Agreed on a new Convention of Action Buttons to increase Efficiency of EMR Use
  • Clarified & agreed on difference between:
    • Dashboard switching
        • Confirmed: My Dashboards is a component convention. And is a vanilla part of Carbon. (In future may also have a "pack" of icons)
    • Dashboard filtering
      •  

2022-02-03 Squad call

Attendees: Grace P, Eric A, Anjula, Brandon, Burke, Ciaran, Daniel K, Deb, Donald Kibet, Fred, Ian, Joshua N, Juliet, Lily, Paul Adams, Piumal R, Pius Piru, Sharif, Vineet, Zac, JJ

  • Welcome Zac, new Sr Frontend Dev with Mekom
  • Ampath pilot going live tomorrow! Demo of end-to-end system by Eric Achillah. 2 clinicians to start to use. 
  • What npms to release? Donald to confirm and follow up w/ Brandon. 
  • only 2 widgets are ampath-specific (e.g. HIV Summary table); the rest are community widgets that were configured or improved in community code directly. 
  • Referrals review on monday
  • PRs this week: Congrats and thanks to Kennedy (Palladium), Cynthia Kamau (Palladium), Donald (Ampath), Dennis (Ampath), Manuel (Mekom), Vineet (Mekom), Brandon (PIH), Piumal (Volunteer), Ian (Brown)
  • Brandon announced work on performance improvement
  • Celebrate completed PRs (congratulate and request issues be closed)

2022-02

2022-01-31: Design Call

Recording: 


2022-01-27

Recording: 

Attendees: Grace, Eric A, Sonia Maduerira, Donald Kibet, Anjula Shanaka, Brandon, Burke, Ciaran, Daniel, Fred, Ian, Irene, Jayasanka, JJ, Jonathan T, Juliet, Kumuditha Karunarathna, Lilian Mathu, Manuel Romer, Pius Piru, Samuel Male, Settimba, Sumedha Karunarathna

Ampath shared they are almost ready for the production pilot. 3.x now running on top of production DB. Expecting to go live with patient care within the next few weeks. 

Donald shared a few bug fixes and that now Text-based test results (e.g. postive, negative, indeterminate) now showing. 

Vineet shared responsiveness fixes for the registration page, and editing of relationships. 

Kumuditha and Jayasanka shared accomplishment: Patient search now running on dockerized environment. Fixed 2min load time for some features. Next: get existing tests to run in there as well. 

Brandon: re-working workspace extension system in esm-patient-common-lib. Self-contained system with self-contained API. 'launchPatientWorkspace(' function now accepts 'additionalProps?' object. Means groups like OHRI won't have to have additional layer in order to pass props through; can launch props directly on the workspace. Also updates to 'registerWorkspace function' (currently workspaces have been a type of extension; now will have their own API.)

Timeline of readiness: Within next week. 

Breakage: Any uses of detach will need to be changed. 


2022-01-Design Call

In-chart Notifications 

Opening Forms from Form icon

Clinical views


2022-01-20 Squad Call

Attendees: Grace, Brandon, Anjula, Burke, Ciaran, Daniel K, David, Donald, Ian, Irene, Jayasanka, Jesse Kyambadde, JJ, Juliet, Kumuditha, Manuel, Pasindu, Piumal, Pius, Samuel, Sumedha, Vineet

New PR approval strategy - JJ approving small things so quickly unblocked

New slack channels: #openmrs3-helpme (support for folks getting started with 3.x), and #tech-tips (any tech content folks have found helpful and interesting and would like to share)

Updates:

  • Whitelabelling / brand color changes: Config has been set up to change these relatively easily. Most can be handled without code through the implementer tool. 

 

  • Kumuditha led the E2E test team as they continue to break down the work - investigated each of the tests for why failures are happen:  
  • Grace demo'd very large real-world form now added to spa, dev3, and o3 for testing & demo purposes - "HIV Adult Return Visit form"
  • Manu demo'd ability to register a new patient and complete a form OFFLINE, and then successfully sync when back in connection! Issue to fix: Offline visit being shown as "Facility Visit" - because UUID for facility visit is hardcoded. JJ and Manu to follow up on fixing. Planning to merge in next few days. 


Request for Patient Management Release


2022-01-17: Design Call

Attendees: Grace P, Ciaran, Wamz, JJ, Jonathan T, Eric A, Eric K, Jacob Odhiambo, Keziah, Kote, Lousa, Irene N

Priority Topic: Consensus Left Nav patterns

Back/Next vs continuous scroll


2022-01-14

Attendees: Grace P, Donald, Jonathan T, Lars, Arthur Mugume, Brandon, Burke, Ciaran, David, Dennis, Irene, Jayasanka, JJ, Pius, Pasindu, Burke, Jonathan Odora, Eudson, Lilian Mathu

Demos: 


2022-01-10

  • Ampath pilot
  • Left Nav Bar
  • Forms Designs - Form Embedded view: Showing extensions in a form/form-based workflow: e.g. Allergies, Conditions, Orders (most complex)
    • Next steps for Embedding Info: week or so for adapting to tablet
    • Mockup in progress for "view" of completed clinical form
    • Todo for Paul & Ciaran: Need to sync Back and Next vs continuous scroll
  • Orders strategy
  • Designer Onboarding
  • Ideas for Product Design session conventions in 2022


Need to implement toggle for Timeline/


2022-01-06

Proposal by Brandon, Ian & Jayasanka: Running tests in dockerized image of OMRS3 instead of in the environment. https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-contrib-qaframework/pull/50 


2021 Meeting Notes

https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/3hHDDw

2020 Meeting Notes

https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/eIHoDg

2019 Notes & Recordings

https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/UgNiDQ


  • No labels