In order to create a new patient,
- Log into the OpenMRS system.
- Click on the 'Register a patient' box.
- Enter a name for this new patient, or identify the patient as an unidentified patient.
- Select a gender for your patient.
- Enter in the patient's birth date, or a rough estimate of how old they are.
- Enter in the patient's home address.
- Enter in the patient's phone number.
- Enter in as few or as many of the patient's relatives, including their name and relationship.
- Click the confirm button on the left side of the screen.
- Confirm that your entries are accurate.
- Click the green 'Confirm' button and your patient will be written to the database.