The order entry UI is an OpenMRS feature that allows medical personnel to add orders through the user interface(UI). This document would guide you on how to use the application to lab Orders. Order Entry UI also supports creating Drug Orders for patients, this is a link to the guide on how to create Drug Order.
To be able to work with Order entry lab orders, lab orderable needs to be configured first.
To configure lab orderables, use this guide link.
The lab order entry UI form should look like this when the page loads:
The page has the following sections:
- An Add Order button.
- When hovered on, Drug Order and Lab Order would be displayed as a drop down.
- Sort drug and lab orders.
- A table presenting all the orders created through the application, each row on the table represents an order. The row is actually an accordion that is collapsed by default, when you click on a row it would expand showing you the full details of the order.
- The table has the following column:
- Date: This column displays the date/time that an order was created.
- Details: This column displays the details of an order
- Status: This column displays the status of an order.
- Actions: This column shows the buttons representing the possible actions that can be performed on an order.
Accessing the order entry user interface
The lab order entry user interface can only be accessed when the user is logged so the user will always be redirected to the login page. When logged in, the following guideline will help you access the lab order entry user interface.
- From the openMRS application home page, click on "Find patient record" as shown below:
- Search for the appropriate patient by ID or by Name and the select the appropriate patient as shown below:
- On the patient details page, click on the highlighted link on "Prescribed Medication" provides access to the order entry UI application
Placing a lab order
A lab order is placed through the following steps:
- Select the Lab Orders option form the list of possible orders to add
- Select the lab order from the available options
- Sign and save the lab order.
- Order Entry UI
- Order Entry UI Administrator Guide
- GitHub project (source code)
- Order Entry UI Release Notes
- Sprint 1
- Sprint 2
- Sprint 3
- Sprint 4
- Sprint 5
- Sprint 6
- Sprint 7
- Sprint 8
- Sprint 9
- Sprint 10