Order Entry UI is an open web application that provides an interface for drug order entry. This application is designed to be used by clinicians, nurses, doctors, and pharmacists when prescribing or dispensing drugs for patients. Reports indicate that many deaths have occurred due to errors made in the process of prescribing and dispensing drugs. An electronic order entry system minimises the occurrence of such errors by intercepting and providing warnings when such errors are made. The application can be used to create new drug orders and edit and discontinue existing drug orders.
Set up and configurations.
Information on how to set up can be found here.
For the Order Entry UI application to work, you are required to make the following one time configurations.
Add Encounter Type
- Creating a new order requires an encounter type. To create a new encounter type for drug order entry for example order entry, go to System Administration → Advanced Administration → Manage Encounter Types → Add Encounter Type. Add an encounter type called order entry.
- Save the name of this encounter type under a setting called orderentryowa.encounterType. Go to System Administration → Manage Global Properties → Add New Global Property and create a global property with the name orderentryowa.encounterType and value order entry. See video below:
Add Encounter Role
- Creating a new drug order also requires an encounter role. To create a new encounter role for drug order entry for example clinician, go to System Administration → Advanced Administration → Manage Encounter Roles → Add Encounter Role. Add an encounter role called clinician.
- Save the name of this encounter role under a setting called orderentryowa.encounterRole. Go to System Administration → Manage Global Properties → Add New Global Property and create a global property with the name orderentryowa.encounterRole and value clinician.
Add Date and Time Format (Optional)
- Configure the time and date format to be used by the application. Go to System Administration → Manage Global Properties → Add New Global Property and create a global property called orderentryowa.dateAndTimeFormat with DD-MM-YYYY HH:mm or any other valid date/time format as the value.
NB: This step is optional. If the orderentryowa.dateAndTimeFormat is not configured, the application would use a default DD-MM-YYYY HH:mm representation.
- Order Entry UI
- Order Entry UI End User Guide
- GitHub project (source code)
- Order Entry UI Release Notes
- Sprint 1
- Sprint 2
- Sprint 3
- Sprint 4
- Sprint 5
- Sprint 6