Project Activities Spreadsheet
|Internships: GSoC 2018|
- Second evaluation opens next week and is due by end of next week
- Dan will be sending students a reminder to prepare for their recorded updates
- Have had a few issues with student participation that we are working through with mentors
- Noticed that after evaluations blog posts are not as detailed unsure if this is different than reality
- GSoC sent or will send first payment to organization
- Jeff has been sending out occasional Tweet
- AAR: would be good to think about how to keep contributions active throughout the process
|Unknown User (dkayiwa)|
- List of Andela Projects
- Currently have 8 students
- 5 students working on OCL for OpenMRS and should be seeing a demo soon
- Got 3 new students and got them up to date. This week will be starting and hope to start sprint tomorrow
- New students will be working on PIH to extend current order entry app to deal with medications and labs
- Daniel suggested working on tickets and sprint board while waiting for PIH to create tickets
- Angela working to create tickets and then will share with PIH to have them edit and add more tickets
- Next time we need to make sure to remind project owners are creating tickets ahead of time so
|SolDevelo / Sync 2.0|
|OpenMRS Reference Application 2.8|
|OpenMRS Platform 2.2|
- Most tickets remaining are awaiting developers
- June 2018 release date (likely will be July or August) - need to get out in July
- Can see where things stand on the Technical Roadmap
- Volunteer working on tickets and Daniel trying to help in spare time
- Suggest OpenMRS hour once a week to walk people through tickets - revive University calls or make them earlier in the day?
- Stephen will post to Talk to see if open office hours would be useful to people - check back in a couple weeks
IDGEN-42Getting issue details...
is this a priority? Daniel and Wyclif agree to take on some of the tickets and will evaluate progress on the next PM call.
Last week todos
- Consider a "bootcamp" to get more people up to speed with infrastructure management (e.g., terraform)
- Leverage new CM and PM to help early on in identifying infrastructure support gaps and getting them filled
- New Hire Updates
- CM - conducted interviews, post on Talk to listen to interviews, will be asking the community of factors that they feel are important in a CM. Want to make a decision by end of the week.
- PM - selection has been made, discussions happening around salary and start date. Announcement should be coming in the next week or so.
- Christine (end of Sept) - coordinating Summit and helping with some other items as needed
- Funding opportunities?
- Security proposal that is written and got some feedback, believe it was due last week. (Core Infrastructure Fund)
- Roll over proposal from Global Goods and OpenMRS is in second round.
- Dial proposal - Terry was out and is unsure of the status
- People would like to see funding opportunities in a spreadsheet
- Unknown User (ssmusoke) will do retrospective on Talk of the last couple of releases
- Unknown User (dkayiwa) will get preliminary Andela tickets to PIH for review and creation of additional tickets
- Unknown User (ssmusoke) will post to Talk to see if open office hours would be useful to people
- Terry will ask Christine to put together a funding opportunities spreadsheet to keep on the wiki