via IRC on the #openmrs-sprint channel on freenode.
Use this channel for ALL debugging and random questions having to do with the sprint. Please avoid direct messaging to personal contacts. If you have a question, someone else probably does too, and our geographically distributed community benefits from public group discussion.
The goal of this sprint is to create a suite of unit tests that test web layer functionality.
Initial testing should focus on automating the Rudimentary Testing within Testing Releases
All code should be worked on in this branch: http://svn.openmrs.org/openmrs/branches/webapp-testing
1 minute overview
The goal of the release testing is to create a set of "stories" about what we want to test. Example story.
Webdriver, jetty, and selenium are used behind the scenes to script and execute the actual steps/test
How to Participate
Add your name to the list on this wiki page (with any comments about your availability). If you want to join after the sprint has started just join the IRC channel mentioned above and say hello.
The general process:
- Pick a ticket from the available tickets in the top-left of the dashboard.
- If you have any questions about the ticket, ask on the group irc chat
- Do the ticket
Please try to attend the kickoff meeting (see above for timing).
Tickets and Work Items
All tickets with fix version of "Sprint 1" in the APPTEST project.
- checkout: http://svn.openmrs.org/openmrs/branches/webapp-testing
- browse: https://source.openmrs.org/browse/OpenMRS/webapp-testing
- Zabil's initial email about the patch: http://openmrs-mailing-list-archives.1560443.n2.nabble.com/no-subject-td6207156.html
- TODO: add more resources