Have you implemented OpenMRS? Please participate in the Implementation Site Survey. If you already have, thank you!
Child pages
  • 2011-04-28 Leadership Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

28 April 2011

How To Join

Contact Dawn Seymour for more information on how to join the call.

In Attendance

  • Paul Biondich
  • Michael Downey
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Andy Kanter
  • Chris Seebregts
  • Dawn Smith
  • Ben Wolfe

Agenda

  • Review Concept Paper for Summer Meeting and Discuss Details (10 min)
  • Strategic Plan for Documentation (10 min)
    • Considerations for an OpenMRS technical writer
  • Bylaws Discussion (15 min)
  • Infrastructure Update - Michael Downey (20 min)

Meeting Minutes

  • Infrastructure Update - Michael Downey
    • Infrastructure Design
    • Includes the RI network, OSUOSL, and Indiana University
    • Highlights
      • Keep Subversion where it is today - our vm was re-located to a more powerful host
      • OSUOSL - Fisheye and Crucible (used for code reviews)
      • Newest feature is system that OSU put together called SuperCell (another cluster of vm that live on an internal network and used for testing for open source projects)
        • Ideal home for OpenMRS labs and used for developers who need to do testing
      • Technical Barrier: supercell is on an internal network
      • IU Servers - Atlassian apps, public demos
        • We'd like to move this from IU hosting environment into their core service
      • Last column:
        • Have test environments where we can test upgrades and keep down time to a minimum since our global community tests around the clock
      • RI Network
        • Performance testing - we want it to replicate the real-world use of our system
        • May want to add more than 1 in the future for capacity reasons
    • Comments:
      • Paul-Is there anything missing from the architecture Michael put together?
      • Darius-Will we continue to have a demo of our most recent release or a nightly build demo?
      • Darius-Lay out more clearly what user acceptance testing will be
      • Andy-Hosting of OCC and production level services: where do those fit?
      • Paul-MIT, Columbia have a large infrastructure. Would they be willing to provide hosting and support for OpenMRS?
      • Darius-curious about costs and timeline
    • TODO: Michael-send out key terms for leadership group
  • Strategic Plan for Documentation
    • Paul-We have a lot to learn about how technical writers engage with a project
      • Possibly have a writer do a project for OpenMRS
      • Holly Moore sent some documentation on technical writers: expectations, responsibilities, etc.
    • Darius-find an awesome person who can be a technical writer and documentation lead OR find someone who is a good technical writer we manage them a little more closely
    • Chris-sub-specialties of technical writers: 1) writing grants, 2) documentation
    • Darius-Can we try a short-term contract just to help us get started and define our expectations?
    • Chris-We did that at Jembi. Find out what that individual is capable of and focus on the job specifications from there.
      • Extremely helpful with grant applications. Coordinated all the documentation to produce for grant applications.
    • TODO: Dawn will compile job descriptions from Holly and share it with the group
  • Summer Meeting Concept Paper
    • Reviewed concept paper
    • Need Burke's input - unfortunately he is out sick
      • Follow-up points:
        • Have Burke explain the justification of having this meeting so soon
          • A large part is based on relation to West Africa conference and available facilities
        • Is July too soon? What about October or November?
          ****
  • No labels