28 April 2011
How To Join
Contact Dawn Seymour for more information on how to join the call.
- Paul Biondich
- Michael Downey
- Darius Jazayeri
- Andy Kanter
- Chris Seebregts
- Dawn Smith
- Ben Wolfe
- Review Concept Paper for Summer Meeting and Discuss Details (10 min)
- Strategic Plan for Documentation (10 min)
- Considerations for an OpenMRS technical writer
- Bylaws Discussion (15 min)
- Infrastructure Update - Michael Downey (20 min)
- Infrastructure Update - Michael Downey
- Infrastructure Design
- Includes the RI network, OSUOSL, and Indiana University
- Keep Subversion where it is today - our vm was re-located to a more powerful host
- OSUOSL - Fisheye and Crucible (used for code reviews)
- Newest feature is system that OSU put together called SuperCell (another cluster of vm that live on an internal network and used for testing for open source projects)
- Ideal home for OpenMRS labs and used for developers who need to do testing
- Technical Barrier: supercell is on an internal network
- IU Servers - Atlassian apps, public demos
- We'd like to move this from IU hosting environment into their core service
- Last column:
- Have test environments where we can test upgrades and keep down time to a minimum since our global community tests around the clock
- RI Network
- Performance testing - we want it to replicate the real-world use of our system
- May want to add more than 1 in the future for capacity reasons
- Paul-Is there anything missing from the architecture Michael put together?
- Darius-Will we continue to have a demo of our most recent release or a nightly build demo?
- Darius-Lay out more clearly what user acceptance testing will be
- Andy-Hosting of OCC and production level services: where do those fit?
- Paul-MIT, Columbia have a large infrastructure. Would they be willing to provide hosting and support for OpenMRS?
- Darius-curious about costs and timeline
- TODO: Michael-send out key terms for leadership group
- Strategic Plan for Documentation
- Paul-We have a lot to learn about how technical writers engage with a project
- Possibly have a writer do a project for OpenMRS
- Holly Moore sent some documentation on technical writers: expectations, responsibilities, etc.
- Darius-find an awesome person who can be a technical writer and documentation lead OR find someone who is a good technical writer we manage them a little more closely
- Chris-sub-specialties of technical writers: 1) writing grants, 2) documentation
- Darius-Can we try a short-term contract just to help us get started and define our expectations?
- Chris-We did that at Jembi. Find out what that individual is capable of and focus on the job specifications from there.
- Extremely helpful with grant applications. Coordinated all the documentation to produce for grant applications.
- TODO: Dawn will compile job descriptions from Holly and share it with the group
- Summer Meeting Concept Paper
- Reviewed concept paper
- Need Burke's input - unfortunately he is out sick
- Follow-up points:
- Have Burke explain the justification of having this meeting so soon
- A large part is based on relation to West Africa conference and available facilities
- Is July too soon? What about October or November?