07 April 2011
How To Join
Contact Dawn Seymour for more information on how to join the call.
- Paul Biondich
- Hamish Fraser
- Darius Jazayeri
- Burke Mamlin
- Chris Seebregts
- Dawn Smith
- NGO Updates - Dawn (5 min)
- Summer Conference Details (10 min)
- How many days?
- What week?
- SMart (10 min)
- mHealth platform meeting next week and how it relates to OpenMRS (10 min)
- Thoughtworks offer (10 min)
- archetypes email (15 min)
- NGO Updates
- Articles of Incorporation will be filed Monday
- This registers OpenMRS with the State of Indiana, and through federal application it can become a nonprofit
- Summer Conference Details
- Participation - 50 people
- ~30 people to travel from outside the US
- Number of Days Needed - 3-4
- Concept Paper - Dawn and Burke will finalize this tomorrow
- Linked in through a GSoC project
- Question is whether the student knows what they are designing can be built upon
- This requires OpenMRS developer guidance which can be a challenge in terms of available time
- Next Step: Paul will write and talk about the leadership group's interest in going forward. Paul will write a concept note with Dawn to submit.
- mHealth Platform Meeting next week and How it Relates to OpenMRS
- Paul received an invitation to Open mHealth
- Paul will attend next week to support coordinating open source activities
- Leadership group will let Paul know anything to provide from OpenMRS
- Thoughtworks Offer
- Paul and Roy of ThoughtWorks discussed getting the main TW office more involved with OpenMRS
- Main office is ~250 employees that could provide development support
- Darius-having all their developers for two days is more useful than having some for several days
- Darius-possibly having something focused on 2.0 UI, web services
- Paul-what other areas do we need more help?
- Burke-it would be helpful if we describe smaller things or take one idea and apply it across the board
- Burke-bring on some ppl for sprints
- Darius-support around logic or combo of logic, data warehousing and reporting would be helpful
- Paul will ask for web services expertise and also ask for a longer time for support with fewer developers at a time than all developers over a two-day period
- Paul-the Brazilian system stores information as xml documents. some are handled in real time and others in a relational model.
- Paul-believe we can have Beatrice and her folks participate in OpenMRS
- Hamish-we need more demonstration on seeing how all of this works better in the field
- Paul-this is designed at the ministry level, not the clinical level
- Paul-this is just an opportunity to talk about archetypes, not to put any resources in it at this time