The purpose of this page is to document the roles and responsibilities of the OpenMRS global events manager. It is a work under progress.
The incumbent will represent, and speak on behalf of the OpenMRS community in matters relating to events/meetups/gatherings, above and not limited to the summit and/or implementer meetings.
- In line with the OpenMRS community's wish to have a minimum of one meetup each year, the incumbent shall work Work with the OpenMRS community / leadership / implementers to identify potential hosts for annual meetings.
- Represent the OpenMRs community in meeting / planning for OpenMRS events
- Interact with OpenMRs community to identify / obtain feedback on venues/dates/needs
- Help manage OpenMRS social media channels / talk on matters pertaining to events
Plan and organize community events, including implementers meetings and showcases
- Act as primary liaison for community events
- Prepare and distribute event announcements and invitations
- Maintain the wiki pages for all OpenMRS events