changes.mady.by.user Unknown User (tkhokhar)
changes.mady.by.user Unknown User (jeffneiman)
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Contact Jamie Thomas for more information on how to join the call.
- Review next meeting agendaAgenda June 22, 2017Attendees:BillTerryJeffJonathanMarkEllenDariusWyclifInformational
- Town Hall Meeting- tentatively scheduled for June 28 at 1 PM EDT - Jeff
- agenda items
- coordinator - jeff may be able to do this if need be
- Global Goods Update- Terry- no current update
- Terry to reach out for potential inclusion in the next round
- Operational Plan second quarter-- please update your information ( second URL)
- what isn't working
- what is at risk
- how can we help you?
- Web update-- Jeff
- Card Sort Study: https://25ohbg71.optimalworkshop.com/optimalsort/3t56yr11
- Only 10 people can reply ( free version)
- Already sent to Infrastructure, Developers, and Implementers
- Most people aren't using the site on a daily basis
- input from 'outside' perspective
- TW people
- Jeff's wife...
- Bahmni Update- Darius/Jan
- governance- asked for response to the proposed governance
- requesting funding from PATH ( seeking funding)
- response to BoD concerns
- Talk update needed
- legal input-
- structure some of the discussion around explicit risk/benefits (rewards)
- what does OpenMRS get from this? what is the benefit and the value add to OpenMRS and the OpenMRS community?
- what do we exist for? What are we trying to do? what does OpenMRS have that is unique or a value add?
- does retaining control matter
- who do we want to be/ what is our path forward
- potential for more engagement in OpenMRS eco-system ( awareness/ facilitate/direct impact)
- does the relationship with Bahmni bring an opportunity for additional development/ awareness within the OpenMRS community overall?
- opportunity that co-exists because of this proposal ( darius role and potential for impact on OpenMRS community)
- positions OpenMRS to have larger impact- as we engage in a larger open collaboration ( Bahmni coalition)
- political and community collaboration impact - one of our goals is to enable collaboration and this may provide an expedited pathway to this
- larger product lines-- may be more difficult to show value of the collaboration
- Bahmni as a ditribution provided 'on top' functionality
- how does this help OpenMRS have more options for integration into a larger suite
- supports additional distributions with value added to the portfolio
- make sure that it is easy to understand our engagement-- be able to answer the Why we did this
- clear understanding of the relationship between OpenMRS and this engagement
- Advisory Committee- deferred time due to July 4th ( and lots of people indicating that they cant attend); rescheduled for July 19)
- Proposed Agenda Item
- How much focus should we be giving Distributions? Should we continue to encourage more of them, bring them together to share code, etc?
- Philippines CHITS
- Update on Summit - OMRS17 - Christine
- Official applications subitted through form (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QCr4D6iVx-_23_gkJJxpal1yuLxVuVhKpOB1A8cGNAM/edit#gid=497091649)
- Kenya- strong application
- Swaziland- pending info on visa policy and airport transfers
- Malawi- strong application
- OMRS16 After Action Review
- METS is willing to help advise us this year
- "Planning an OpenMRS Conference"
- reach out to other countries from a partnership perspective for future opportunities ( Haiti/ Central America/ Uganda/Ghana)
- Funding for Infrastructure- Burke ( on wards); deferred until Burke back from wards
- should we take OpenMRS money to fund this ( how much are we talking about?)
- how much do we need
- how do we fund it
- potential for 'internships'- Jeff/Terry
- is there a need/a way to do this?
- We encourage them to post to the Job Board if they're post school.
- Some people request opportunities for non-dev roles, how would we mobilize them?
- Diversity Council- languishing
- Balance Sheet - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_y29Xu_eUu9ZlExeEw2OGtyWkE
- Sustain OSS
- tech and OS community/OS sustainment for projects
- DIAL - part of the UN Foundation
- Big grant to disrupt current ICT international development
- Michael is community lead ( under Jeff Wishney)
- best practices
- impact of more partnerships
- shared resources/ shared services
- may be most interested in earlier role in getting OS projects
- Report on Fundraising Efforts @Andy
- Operational Plan Update
- Budget/Expenses/ first Thursday
- Partnerships- third Thursday
- Infrastructure Update (Quarterly - Jun, Sep, Dec)
- Diversity Council
- Ongoing Quarterly metric review of specific areas
- who is contributing code
- volunteer contributions
Parking Lot Follow Up items
- go through some of the numbers--and gather them before the TH and review them
- Follow up re: Pathway to Improved Terminology Management for the OpenMRS Community - Jonathan Payne ( update) - deferred
- Next steps:
- review google doc and engage on talk thread