- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migration of unmigrated content due to installation of a new plugin
How to Join
- Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
- Translating OpenMRS, Platform 2.0 release retrospective
- Review next meeting agenda
- Translating OpenMRS
- Platform 2.0 release retrospective: how we can make release managers better?
Should we be pulling in translations as they are created and modules are being built? Or should we pull them in during the release process?
=> pull these in quickly (as they happen, or daily), because this is conceptually just like background synchronizing from Transifex to our git codebases
- (translation changes "should" be just like any other code change, e.g. have a PR, but this is probably unworkable)
Platform 2.0 Release Process Review (Mayank)
- Reviewed current platform release process
- Reviewed stats for Platform 2.0 contributions thru Alpha & Beta
- Avoid long release time
- Enthusiasm decreased over time with long release process
- More public release planning
- Leverage influx of GSoC students in early part of year
- More automation/standardization of release process
- Candidates for automation
- Finding contributors
- Find differences in database
- Identifying tickets that are part of the release
- Uploading artifacts to Nexus
- Improve tracking & follow-ups
- Improve release process documentation
- It covers the "bringing things together"
- Re-order the information to match actual worfklow
- Document errors that may arise at various steps
- Some short videos to cover the basic steps
- More Sprints on release
- Focus community development on release priorities
- Next steps
- Share slides
- Schedule an "improvathon" (half-day) to act on Mayank's suggestions
- Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)