The initial work on OpenMRS OAuth module has carried out in the Implement the OAuth2 Support for Web Services APIs during the previous GSoC. But OAuth module need more improvements to use it in production environments. The objective of this project is to migrate existing module to latest OpenMRS 2.x release and make all the OAuth grant type to work. The one of major goal is to make FHIR module work with SMART applications which needs OAuth authentication. So plan is to improve our OAuth module to implement this capability and do required enahancements for OAuth moduleenhancements.
Harsha Kumara Suranga Kasthurirathne
- Go through the OAuth specification and understand OAuth2 and it's grant types
- Go through the available samples in web to understand the implementation(1).
- Go through and test OAuth Module and resources in Implement the OAuth2 Support for Web Services APIs
- Come up with timeline along with how each week has used to develop the module to meet with required goalss
- Create tickets in JIRA for tasks to be completed during GSoC
- Good Java skills
- Familiarity with J2EE web programming (e.g., JSPs)
- Go through and understand the existig work on OAuth Module in Implement the OAuth2 Support for Web Services APIs
- Ability to learn and work with OpenMRS REST APIs and FHIR Module with HAPI
- Familiarity / willing to learn OAuth
- Soft skills to interact with the HAPI and FHIR community and OpenMRS community in order to gather requirements and technical feedback
- Learn SMART Apps
- Writing research paper on Oauth and how it has used in OpenMRS to integrate with systems or any other suitable topic