- Go through the OAuth specification and understand OAuth2 and it's grant types
- Go through the available samples in web to understand the implementation(6).
- Develop OAuth based security module for OpenMRS
- Come up with set of UI mockups for application creation and authorization
- Create a new module following Creating Modules (improve the documentation if needed)
- Apply for a repository at https://github.com/openmrs and a JIRA project
- Create tickets in JIRA for tasks to be completed during GSoC
- Design and implement the module API layer
- API layer need to have a validateToken method which takes incoming token to check whether it's valid or not. The service will be a spring service where FHIR Module and Web Service module call to validate the incoming token.
- Design and implement the module OMOD layer
- OMOD layer should support for following endpoints (Twitter API tutorial will helpful in understanding below endpoints https://dev.twitter.com/oauth/overview). During the implementation we may simplify the endpoints