- Within the OpenMRS project in Transifex, create a new resource (click on "Resource" -> "Add New Resource")
- Choose the the Upload File option and upload the messages.properties file for your module (file format is Java properties file - Unicode). Click Create Resource.
- One Once the resource has been created, click on the resource (it will probably be called messages.properties) and then click Settings to give it a more intelligent name (ie, Html Form Entry Module) and slug (ie, htmlformentry-module)
- Configure the module to be updateable via the Transifex command-line client:
Install the Transifex client and set up the .transifexrc configuration file as specified here: http://docs.transifex.com/developer/client/setup
Create a new directory .tx off the top-level module directory with a single file named "config" wit with the following content (replace htmlformentry-module with the slug you chose for your module in step #3):
host = https://www.transifex.com/
source_file = api/src/main/resources/messages.properties
source_lang = en
trans.fr = api/src/main/resources/messages_fr.properties
trans.ht = api/src/main/resources/messages_ht.properties
- Add a "trans" line to the above file for each language that you are supporting.
- Add this new file and directory to git and push it up.
- If you have any existing translations for the module, push these translations up to Transifex via executing the following Transifex client command at the command line: "tx push -tf"
- Set up Transifex to automatically update the messages.properties file from github nightly:
- Click on the "Auto Update Resources" button from the resources view
- Add the URL of the messages.properties file on Git Hub (ie, https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-htmlformentry/blob/master/api/src/main/resources/messages.properties)