- Make a copy of the current "Reference Application (version)" documentation page (e.g the one for RefApp 2.5 is here), and name it for the next release. Add a note that this version is not yet released.
- Remove a note from the current "Reference Application (version)" documentation page that this version is not yet released.
- Edit the OpenMRS Reference Application 2.x Implementer Documentation page so that includes the "Reference Application (version)" page for the new release.
- Maintain the list of Contributors for the release.
- Create the Release notes:
- Announcing the Release
- Announce the release in OpenMRS Talk similar to the blog post. Please do not forget to include the list of contributors in the announcement.
- .Create a new case at OpenMRS helpdesk requesting to update theOpenMRS.org home page and downloads page to the latest release. Please provide links to the downloads.
In preparation for the release of OpenMRS Release X on 21/04/2017 10:00 UTC please do: 1. Update http://openmrs.org/help/report-a-bug/ to allow bug reports for X. 2. Update http://openmrs.org/download/ to point to Reference application at http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmrs/files/releases/<path> 3. Update http://openmrs.org/download/ to point to Reference application war at http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmrs/files/releases/<path>
- Release in JIRA
- Request for being an administrator of the Reference Application project in JIRA from a current Administrator - Presently Darius Jazayeri is an administrator for the project. Ensure that all tickets are in the ACCEPTED state, before you release in JIRA.
- Go to this link - https://issues.openmrs.org/plugins/servlet/project-config/RA/versions and enter the date beside the version you are about to release and click on the small settings icon indicating a dropdown that appears when you point the mouse over the list value for the version and select release.
- Update the Release Process wiki with the latest changes if any.