changes.mady.by.user Unknown User (jthomas)
changes.mady.by.user Unknown User (jthomas)
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
- Scrum/Standup for objectives
Public good for funding and investments
Sri Maurya Kummamuru
Suranga Nath Kasthurirathne
Regrets: Pascal Brandt, Chris Seebregts, Hamish Fraser, Bill Lober (UCSF meeting), Terry Cullen, Burke Mamlin
Standup for Objectives https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/OpenMRS+Community+Objectives
- Objective #1 OpenMRS Platform http://bit.ly/1HKxeHq - Burke, Andy, Kaweesi, Darius, Maurya, Jan
- Last week: Had call 19 Nov to come up with tasks, needs to be reviewed in larger group.
- Next week: Want to have development model by Summit will catch up once Burke is back next week.
- Blockers: Need someone to help play the role of PM
- Objective #2: Reference App http://bit.ly/20xik2G - Jonathan, Burke, Kaweesi, Andy, Jan, Bill, Maurya
- Last week: Bill and Jonathan met at AMIA to discuss a number of points, and we have a call for the working group tomorrow morning to hash out things in live discussion.
- Next week: Bill will be taking on the lead role over the next few weeks
- Objective #3: Distributions http://bit.ly/20xisPM - Jan, Darius, Burke, Andy, Pascal
- Last week: Been putting some work in on this and should have a draft for the Summit.
- Next week: Darius is wondering about measurables and resourcing.
- Objective #4 Education http://bit.ly/1MW1ftz - Saptarshi, Maurya, Suranga, Hamish
- Last week:
- Next week: People need to respond to the poll and set up a meeting as soon as possible
- Blockers: Have not been able to get people to sign up for the Doodle poll to have a meeting
- Objective #5: Service Providers http://bit.ly/20xixTF - Joaquin, Jan
- Last week: Met about 4 times. Getting really close and have revised the objectives.
- Next week: Are continuing to work on goals.
- Objective #6: Organizational Development http://bit.ly/20xiDKY - Terry, Andy, Suranga
- Last week:
- Next week: Andy will be working with Ellen Ball to put the tutorial together for the summit which will help influence the terminology and standards goal
Review 2014 OMRS Camp Tasks - All
- MOVE TO NEXT CALL
Summit Update - Michael
- Paul sent out strategic invites on 19 Nov
- Letter did not mention funding support. Do we intend to help?
- Paul: hard to answer in the abstract. I think we're always open to considering supporting strategic invitees... we should take the circumstances on a case by case basis... but the short answer is: sure, if there's a strategic importance to it!
- Darius: my expectation is that most people who got a strategic invite letter will not get any funding support, but a couple will
- Andy: fair enough, just thought if they were "strategic" we would want to get them there :) and some comment to that fact might help.
- SMU management approval received (formality)
- Getting WiFi network setup
- Planning work day for monday before tutorials
- Working with printers for banners/signs/handouts
- Having trouble finding local tshirt printers who can deal with our logo ... working with designer & several vendors
- Stickers printing this week
- OpenMRS Inc. Travel Grants first round approved & applicants notified
- http://om.rs/ideas is accepting session ideas
- Arranging program similar to Eldoret event: plenary/large group talks in morning, breakouts & unconference in afternoons
- Important: We need to discuss how we want to share strategic objectives to the world
- Extracurricular events:
- ThoughtWorks Singapore is probably sponsoring a meetup & PowerPoint Karaoke space
- Working on other evening events, agendas, groups
- Registration numbers as of today:
- Conference: 51 (including volunteers & staff)
- Hackathon: 19
- Tutorial registrations:
- Health IT & OpenMRS: An Intro (5)
- Mobile Tools for OpenMRS (5)
- Angular & REST Web Services 101 (7)
- Extending & Customizing OpenMRS (7)
- OpenMRS Concept Management (3)
- Getting Data Out (4)
Security - Michael
- Talk post by Darius on security and prioritization: https://talk.openmrs.org/t/security-and-prioritization/3745
- Tactics (immediate need)
- Critical issue underway: temporailay disabled demo and test systems to the public - access can be requested
- Also some non-critical issues underway
- DJ - would liked to have seen a conversation happen with the engineering team around taking demo servers down. have had one of our devs focusing on this and not working on release priorities.
- Future process
- would like to have a larger meeting around this process and how we want to handle it in the future.
- would be helpful to have a PM to focus on this
- Need to determine how to assess/rank issues as critical (or lower) severity
- Need to evaluate who receives communications when issues are reported
- TODO: Paul will start a Talk topic on this after todays call.
Public good for funding and investments - Terry
- Terry was unable to make it to the call due to travel.
- Paul and Terry working on engagement strategies with different organizaitons
- Once we have some the strategic docuemnts in place Paul will be able to make a more formal presentation to orgs like USAID, CDC and World Bank.
- With Paul's travel over the last couple weeks he has not been able to work on this
- Will have a draft document for the Summit but will need some input from the leadership group on high level topics - like funding distribution and such
- Inc. Board Meeting on 23 Nov (following Camp) and 16 Dec (following Summit)
- On Monday's Board meeting Paul will be giving an update about the Camp and what leadership is asking of the Board. Paul will report back to this group on the next call.
- Potential new recruitment - Paul
- Amanda McPherson previously the Chief Marketing Office from the Linux Foundation is interested in engaging with OpenMRS.
- Outcome of USAID BAA meeting in DC - Darius
- >50 participants
- USAID used an interesting innovative process to have participants step back from projects and identify problems and solutions for interoperability
- Looked at terminology managment tooling (Jonathan Payne and Andy Kanter work) with a large collaborative:
- OpenMRS and DHIS as tools that would use this service
- WHO as an example authoritiative publisher of content
- THRIVE/OpenSRP as an example community generator of content
- someone to write code to finish and extend OCL
- Need to think about process of hiring developers or how we would make this work
- Andy forwarded PPT from leadership camp to Paul so that potentially a second concept document around content management could be created.