- Re-write OpenMRS ID's data model to a generic data store, probably based on MongoDB. This data model will need to sync with the current OpenLDAP server or needs to implement an LDAP protocol server using ldapjs.
- Build a REST and OAuth-backed interface to the new data model.
- Improve the signup and profile-editing interface at https://id.openmrs.org with some of the new OpenMRS ID functionality.
- Current OpenMRS ID source code: https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-contrib-id
- A Reprise of LDAP: a good blog post giving an overview of what LDAP is, and info about ldapjs, the library we intend to incorporate in this new data model http://blog.nodejs.org/2011/09/08/ldapjs-a-reprise-of-ldap/
- LDAP for Rocket Scientists is a good guide to for those new to LDAP. It is not, in fact, for rocket scientists.
- Mastering OpenLDAP by Matt Butcher is resource for learning the fundamentals LDAP. It's available as an e-book.