Many international communities are looking for low-bandwidth, low-resource solutions for hosting and connecting to OpenMRS via 2G or 3G networks. They need a version of OpenMRS that can be accessed easily through a mobile browser or a laptop connected to a low-bandwidth ISP.
- Identify the heaviest / most resource-laden page views in the reference application.
- Make use of the existing REST Web Services API For Clients or DWR in OpenMRS.
- Engineer a thin client design, connecting to a hosted OpenMRS instance over a 2G bandwidth, using AJAX to update the page with minimal data transfer.
- Establish a style guide for a low-bandwidth skin / theme.
- Load a visit dashboard within a "reasonable" time over a 2G connection, or with a payload size below a "reasonable" threshold.
- Provide instructions on how to write a low-bandwidth version of existing or new views.