Whether you're a new developer or have been working on OpenMRS for a long time, keep an eye on this page for wiki page and its children can serve as a helpful reference and source for "how-to" information about writing code for the OpenMRS platform.
Where to Get Started
While there are different types of OpenMRS developers, when someone is new the OpenMRS development we suggest they start on our "Getting Started as a Developer" page:
- JIRA - tickets and bug reports
- projects - a place to look, along with our active intro tickets, for where you can help.
- Code Repositories
- Code Review
New to OpenMRS development? See our Getting Started as a Developer page for step-by-step instructions along with useful links and references for people who are getting started.
- Developer Manual
- Step-by-Step Installation for Developers
- Data Model
- Read about the API on the wiki
- Read the API Javadocs:
- Technical Overview
- Developer How-To Guide
- Module Architecture Documentation
- Unit Testing
- You may find some helpful information in the Training page.
- Developer FAQ