This page is a continual work in progress.
- Community advocacy
- Bridge gaps between OpenMRS "customers" (e.g., users, implementers) and contributors
- Nurturing and growing skills and diversity of contributors
- Communication of strategy and planning efforts within the community
- Community promotion
- Promotion of vision & mission, events, products and upgrades to current and potential community members.
- Ensure representation of OpenMRS at key industry and open source events
- Participation in outreach programs such as Google Summer of Code
- Communication and responding to needs
- Understand OpenMRS community participants (measure and report growth, interests, needs, fit)
- Organization of community events and meetings (e.g., hackathons for focused software development efforts and contributor networking, conferences, project leadership summits, periodic community updates)
- Mediation of disputes within the community should they arise
- Feedback loop for software development
- Building and maintaining appropriate community governance and balancing against bureaucracy
- Manage collaborative processes used by community and maintain tools to support them (some aspects may report to engineering)
- Represent the voice of the OpenMRS customer by listening to and understanding feedback within and outside the OpenMRS community. Assemble requirements & needs and facilitate interpretation with engineering teams.