|Table of Contents|
A concept is the basic element of flexibility in OpenMRS. Concepts are the individual data points collected from a population of patients. Concepts include both questions and answers. Therefore, it is very important to have them conform to specific validation rules in order to have a cleaner data set.
- A fully specified name can neither be a short name nor an index/search term
- Can't add a concept mapping with a retired concept map type or reference term
- Can't add a concept mapping to a voided concept reference source
- The concept reference source of a reference term should be non-voided
- Can't add a concept reference term map with a retired concept map type or reference term
Useful validation rules for specific concept dictionaries
There is no validation that checks that certain mappings are only used on 1 concept in a concept dictionary. A concept source mapping for a concept dictionary (ie. PIH:12) should only be associated with 1 concept. ICD10 mappings can be associated to multiple concepts.