This module helps in automatic generation and assigning of Id's in New Patient Registration form
What This Module Does Do
- Allows IDs to be auto generated
- restrict the generating of new identifiers if that identifier range was already generated
- Allows the end user to decide if a MRN should be generated for the create patient page
- Allows creation of temporary identifiers. It's common in hospitals and any workflows where patient's need testing done urgently, that temporary identifiers are used until proper identification can be made and an "official" identifier assigned – for example, a patient shows up in an emergency room unresponsive and gets a temporary number until someone finds a relative or wallet that identifies the patient (clarifying whether the patient already has a record or is a "new" patient deserving a new mrn). Temporary identifiers should be easy/quick to generate, guaranteed to be unique, and quickly replaced (via human processes) by a true mrn. You can specify a prefix or suffix identifying this as a temporary ID.
- Download the "mrngen.omod" from the modules repository. http://modules.openmrs.org
- Install the omod
- In the Administration section, under MRNGen module, click on Setup screen.
- Assign the start numbers for each ID, and optionally assign a prefix, and save.
- Now, when you click on "Add new patient", you should see a "AutoGen Id" checkbox next to the Identifier.
- If you check the checkbox, the ID will be auto generated.
--Ratnakar Malla 18:42, 30 June 2008 (EDT)
As Part of archive:Ticket #2038, added a new setup functionality for "Auto Gen Id" to be checked on by default.
--Ratnakar Malla 01:11, 31 January 2010 (EST)