- OpenMRS 1.6.3+, OpenMRS 1.7.2+, OpenMRS 1.8+, OpenMRS 1.9+
- Note that although the module technically supports OpenMRS 1.7.2+, if you are running OpenMRS 1.7.x we strongly recommend upgrading to OpenMRS 1.8 as there may be some instability
- If you are using OpenMRS 1.9+ you should also install the htmlformentry19ext module.
Comparison with Infopath FormEntry module
- Download the module from the repository and install it.
- Go to "Manage HTML Forms" under the administration page. (Make sure you are looking at the "HTML Form Entry" section, not the "Forms" section!)
- Create a new form there (click "New HTML Form").
- Fill out the necessary information; including the Name, Description, Version, and select the Encounter Type from the list. (When an HTML form is submitted, it will create this type of encounter.)
- Save the form. Then it will open the page for editing the HTML Form.
- Customize the HTML form to your specifications. Recent versions of the HTML Form Entry Module include a basic form that can be customized. For additional documentation on the HTML tags that are available, see the HTML Reference.