The project described here has not had any usable work done on it, largely because the use cases described are too complex.
We are going to try a simpler approach to building a Concept Proposal module, that can be successfully completed, and we can then iterate on further.
The functional requirements are broken down into 3 steps.
- Creating a concept proposal webpage
- View list of concept proposals
- Transfer existing proposals from core to the new concept proposal module
Here in this scenario, the data entry clerks are allowed to submit the new detailed concept proposals where only the name field is compulsory. Apart from it other fields are optional.
All the proposals will be converted in to xml file and them would be stored in the database table. This xml file would be lately used fro Marshalling and unmarshalling between various sites.
This scenario allows the users to view the proposals based on it's status. Those scenarios can differ from
- Newly Proposed Proposals
- Proposals Under review
- Mapped to Concept proposals
- Rejected Proposals
- Proposals made as Synonyms
In this scenario all the proposals from the core would be migrated in to the module table. eventually the necessity of the core table can be removed from the openmrs implementation.
- Download the latest version from the OpenMRS module repository and add it to your OpenMRS application using the Administration->Manage Modules page.
- Creating a new Concept Proposal form.
- Viewing all of the listed concept proposals
- Performing migration on the proposals from Core to Module table
Creating a new Concept Proposal
You can create a proposal by:
- On the "Administration" screen, under the Concept Proposal Module select "New Proposal"
- On the New Proposal form fields can be filled to create a proposal. Except the name field other fields can be left empty
- If user clicks the Save button the proposal would be saved.
Viewing the Concept Proposal list
- On the "Administration" screen, under the Concept Proposal Module select "View Proposal"
- Or the link can be found in header labels also can be used to navigate to "View Proposals".
- After navigating to the list table based on the user preference and the status of the proposal, all the proposals can be listed in that table
- By using the link in the table each proposal can be viewed separately and if necessary by using the edit link proposals can be either editable or deletable.
Migration of Concept Proposals
- On the "Administration" screen, under the Concept Proposal Module select "Migration"
- Or the link can be found in header labels also can be used to navigate to "Migration".
- After navigating to the migration page by clicking the button migration will start to happen.
- Here the duplicability in migration is voided (Each proposals with unique uuids can be migrated from core to module table only once unless the proposal is deleted in the module table)