Wiki Spaces

Documentation
Projects
Resources

Get Help from Others

Q&A: Ask OpenMRS
Discussion: OpenMRS Talk
Real-Time: IRC Chat | Slack

Resources

Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Notes Directory

Table of Contents


Who is welcome: All members of the community interested in contributing to the overall strategic direction and operations of the OpenMRS community

Zoom link: https://washington.zoom.us/j/6858735490

When: Thursdays 6 - 7pm EAT | 3 - 4pm UTC | 8:45 - 9:45pm NPT | Time Zone Converter


  

January 2023

2023-01-19

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Erica Kigotho

Regrets:

Recording link:

Agenda

  • Review Action Items
  • 2022 Annual Report
    • Status update
    • Prioritioies for the next week: 
      • Growling Talent
      • Global Events
      • Implementer Data
      • Code contribution data
      • Winning awards
  • 2023 Planning: Community Engagement & Operations
    • Strategic Community Discussion - topics and timelines
      • Potential dates: 1 Feb, 15 Feb, 1 March
      • Agenda topics
        • Partnerships and contributions
        • Technical capacity
        • Meaningful engagement
  • Fellowship
    • Fellowship interviews
    • Org rotation* 
      • Mekom interested in shared organization rotation fellowship for ANC DAK
  • Finance 
    • AP
    • AR
  • Grants: Status & Support (30 minutes)
    • FAIMER
    • ANC DAK updates
    • TAP update*
    • Bahmni-SNOMED updates
  • AOB

Action items

  •  All: Agenda for the 3 community meeting clearly outlined
  •  Jennifer: Talk post by Monday
2023-01-12

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Erica Kigotho Christine Gichuki 

Regrets:

Recording link:

Agenda

  • Review Action Items
  • 2022 Annual Report
    • Status update
      • Report should  be published in the community forum by end February.
      • Strong  draft needs to be  in by 15th February, 2023
      • Annual report content to be in by 31st January, 2023
      • What impact are we having in OpenMRS ecosystem (OpenMRS Talent)
      • Talk post
      • Director Letters
      • Implementation Data
      • Tech contributions
      • Mentorship stats & content
      • Events data & content
  • 2023 Planning: Community Engagement & Operations
    • Strategic Community Discussion - topics and timelines
      • Get feedback from the community about the relevance of the community engagement dashboard.
        • Have an open community call.
        • Consider having one on one conversations
        • Community coffee break calls
  • Fellowship
    • Fellowship applications are in.
    • Review of the applications are on-going.
  • Finance 
  • Grants: Status & Support (30 minutes)
    • ANC DAK updates
    • TAP updates
      • CDC has made allocations to the partners. Discussions are still on-going.
    • Bahmni-SNOMED updates
  • AOB
    • Zeplin

Action items

  •  Jennifer: Will help follow-up with Zeplin
  •  Jennifer: Talk post about annual report.
  •  Jennifer/Erica: Nudge Paul and Jan about their piece for the annual report
  •  Jennifer/Erica: Email to implementing partners to request for data update with link to Github repo if it is publicly available.
    •  Erica: Assign who is sending data form to Implementers from the hands 2022
    •  Jennifer and Erica: Reach out to implementers for implementation data
  •  Jennifer: Sent Burke a message for word clouds
  •  Erica: After Jennifer sends out word to Burke, follow-up
    •   Code contribution from organizations. 
    •  Update: top developers, hall of fame, special contribution to the community - not just about code. 
  •  Christine: What impact are we having in OpenMRS ecosystem (OpenMRS Talent)
  •  Erica: Update the Implementers list
  •  Erica: Update the Implementers Data Form
  •  Jennifer: Draft and share email example of how to reach out to implementers for data
  •  Jennifer and Erica: Updates from Talk, Discourse and Slack about work being done in the community (openly sharing, collaborating and learning)
  •  Jennifer: How are we growing: new orgs, how many current, active squads.
  •  Christine: Community events - annual report
  •  Jennifer and Erica: Funding success, winning award and writing proposals. Grants application folder in the google drive for reference.
  •  Jennifer: Catalogues OpenMRS Inc is in eg Digital Public Good recognition
  •  Christine: What impact are we having in OpenMRS ecosystem (OpenMRS Talent)
  •  Christine: Community events - annual report
  •  Christine: Non-technical contributions: remarkable non-code contributions
  •  Christine: Social media  on DPG - twitter, talk etc
  •  All: How you can help in 2023
  •  Christine: Submit an invoice for OMRS22 vendor
  •  Christine: Submit an invoice for OMRS22 vendor
  •  Erica: After Jennifer sends out word to Burke, follow-up
    •   Code contribution from organizations. 
    •  Update: top developers, hall of fame, special contribution to the community - not just about code. 
  •  Erica: Update the Implementers list
  •  Erica: Update the Implementers Data Form
  •  Erica: Identify three times in OpenMRS calendar that do not conflict with squad calls to have the community call to review community roadmap from the  last week of January and that will work for this team. (1st February, 5 - 6pm EAT), (15th February, 5 - 6pm EAT) and (1st March, 5 - 6pm EAT)
  •  Jennifer and Erica: Updates from Talk, Discourse and Slack about work being done in the community (openly sharing, collaborating and learning)
  •  Jennifer and Erica: Funding success, winning award and writing proposals. Grants application folder in the google drive for reference.
  •  All: How you can help in 2023
2023-01-05

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Erica Kigotho

Regrets: 

Recording link:

Agenda

  • Review Action Items
  • Grants: Status & Support (30 minutes)
  • Finance
    • Zeplin
    • Accounts Receivable
      • DS ANC: Quarterly. Current one is due in January
      • TAP: Quarterly. Current one is due in January.
    • Weekly AP update
      • Updating budget trackers and spend plan
      • Uncoded statement lines 
  • 2023 Strategic Planning and Priorities

December 2022

2022-12-15

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami Erica Kigotho 

Regrets: None

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Review Action Items

    •  Nikesh: Post recording link in the talk post and also the wiki
    •  Jennifer: Need to confirm those fellows we have funding for, those who may need to wait a bit by 15th Dec Operations and Community Call. 
  • 2022 Annual Report

    • Need to start brainstorming the 2022 annual report theme.
    • The overall purpose of the annual report is to communicate impact, trends, recognize and inspire contributors.
    • Report needs to be published by March 1st 2023.
    • Review by the community is slated for February 2023
    • Segments in the report include:
      • Letter/video from Paul.
      • Reaching out to implementers for implementation data.
      • Updates from Talk, Discourse and Slack about work being done in the community.
      • Growing talent in the community.
      • How are we growing: new orgs, how many current, active squads.
      • Code contribution from organizations.
      • Update: top developers, hall of fame, special contribution to the community - not just about code.
      • Community events.
      • Funding success and writing proposals.
      • Non-technical contributions: remarkable non-code.
      • Talk post about annual report development.
      • Set up a slide deck for the report.
      • Review applications - apply rubrik. 
      • Identify people who will be on the selection committee. Proposed members are mentors: Grace, Dennis, Jayasanka, Jennifer. 
      • Set up fellows interviews once selection has been done.
  • 2023 Planning: Community Engagement & Operations 

    • Need to update the community engagement dashboard with the community in January 2023.
    • Review and prioritize initiatives.
    • Formulate an operations dashboard under Inc. in January 2023.
    • Enumerate a list of organizations/groups/persons who can be instrumental in the community engagement roadmap.
    • Find 3 different times on the OpenMRS calendar for community engagement priorities after identification of potential key persons to be involved. 
    • Present the proposed ideas for the community engagement priorities in the mini-meeting time.
  • Fellowship 

    • Debrief of session 5
      • Went smoothly, was fruitful.
      • Mentors were well represented.
      • Mentee numbers were low. Not sure why. However, recording will be shared.
    • Resource Allocations
      • This discussion continues.
    • Funding confirmed for: 
      • Two QA fellows: Jayasanka will be the fellows mentor
      • One PM fellow
      • One Frontend fellow
    • 700k budget for TAP submitted. A small portion has been received. The rest until January 2023
  • Finance

    • Zeplin

      • Awaiting confirmation of approval.

      • If not received, will send a gentle reminder on Friday, 16th December EAT morning.

    • Accounts Receivable

      • UW: Monthly
      • GSoD: Monthly by the 21st. 
      • DS ANC: Quarterly. Current one is due in January. 
      • TAP: Quarterly. Current one is due in January.
  •  
    • Weekly AP update

      • Need to submit an invoice for OMRS22 vendor.
      • Confirm banking information from the OMRS22 vendor.
      • Email about the deadline for payments in December.
      • Last date to process 2022 invoices: 19th December.
  •  
    • Updating budget trackers & spend plan

    • Uncoded statement lines

  • Grants: Status & Support (30 minutes)

    • TAP

      • November Updates: TBD

      • Y3 Q1 Deliverables & Redmine: TBD

    • Bahmni-SNOMED

      • Contracting ongoing
    • ANC DAK

      • Oct - Dec Blog

        • Done. Reviewed by Grace. Awaiting Jennifer’s review before 20th December, 2022.
      • Design expert engagement

        • Slated to start in January 2023
  • AOB

    • Reviewing and rearranging of key documentation in the wiki related to operations
      • To be discussed in subsequent meetings.
    • Annual review of SOPs
      • To be discussed in subsequent meetings.
    • Mauritius 
      • Follow-up meeting to be held on Monday 19th December at 8 - 8:30pm EAT

Action items

  •  Jennifer: Review ANC DAK blog post.
  •  Christine and Nikesh: Work on the QA blog post.
  •   
  •  Christine: Confirm banking information from the OMRS22 vendor 
  •  Erica: Bahmni-SNOMED contracting
  •  Jennifer: Follow up with Dimitri about Design expert engagement.
  •  Jennifer: Set up slide deck for the report
  •  Erica: Recording link for session 5
  •  Erica: Set up fellows interviews once selection has been done.
  •  Jennifer: Send out an email to the selection committee.
  •  Erica: Find 3 different times on the OpenMRS calendar for community engagement/roadmap discussions after identification of potential key persons to be involved.
  •  Erica: Email Zeplin
  •  Erica: Email about the deadline for invoice payments for November/ December 
  •  Jennifer: Engage ANC DAK design expert.
2022-12-08

Meeting cancelled due to travel from Global Digital Health Forum.

2022-12-01

Attendees: Nikesh Balami Jennifer Antilla Erica Kigotho 

Regrets: Christine Gichuki 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship

    • Two applications received.  More applications expected by mid-Dec.

    • Need to explore additional ways to promote the fellowship application.

    • January 3rd start date for fellows to be confirmed as we await budget confirmation. 

  • Grants: Status & Support (30 minutes)

    • Digital Square

      • Progress update was done yesterday about the fellowship progress.

      • Challenge about getting organizations on board mentioned. They were understanding. 

      • They are happy with progress so far.

    • TAP update 

      • Awaiting 2nd funding confirmation in January 2023.

    • ANC DAK

      • Great progress being made on objective 2 around decision support.

      • Behind on design given the holidays

      • End of January 2023 for deliverables.

      • Blog story on going

    • GSoD

      • Case study done.

  • OMRS22 

    • Postponing to before June 2023 strongly encouraged.

    • More after the scheduled call.

Action Items

  •  

    Nikesh: Blog post to be out next week

  •  

    Nikesh and Jennifer: Consider ways  to promote the fellowship applications even beyond our community. To post the fellowship applications beyond our community (Global Digital Health Network)

  •  

    Nikesh: Schedule calls with potential sponsors

  •  

    Jennifer: How to use mailchimp orientation video to Nikesh and Erica

  •  

    Jennifer: Connect with organizations face time

  •  

    Jennifer: Get in touch with Ethiopia support next Thursday

  •  

    Jennifer: Email current fellows by end of December and say thank you et al

  •  

    Jennifer: Strategies to make sure ANC DAK work goes ahead. How to manage deliverables due in January 2023?

  •  

    Jennifer: Need to confirm those fellows we have funding for, those who may need to wait a bit by 15th Dec Operations and Community Call.

  •  

    Erica: Bahmni-SNOMED contracting ongoing

  •  

    Christine and Nikesh: Work on the QA blog post.

November 2022

2022-11-24

Attendees: Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami Erica Kigotho 

Regrets: Jennifer Antilla  

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program

    • So far so good. To discuss Session 3 in Monday’s call

  • Grants: Status & Support (30 minutes)

    • GSoD:

      • Coming to an end.

Action items

  •  

    Nikesh: Blog post

  •  

    Christine: Finalizing GSoD’s case study

  •  

    Jennifer: Need to confirm those fellows we have funding for, those who may need to wait a bit by 15th Dec Operations and Community Call.

  •  

    Erica: Bahmni-SNOMED contracting ongoing

  •  

    Christine and Nikesh: Work on the QA blog post.

2022-11-17

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami Erica Kigotho

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program (10 minutes)

    • Fellowship Symposium

      • Blog post

    • 2023 Fellowship Program

    • Talk post highlighting the changes made for 2023 and ask the community for the feedback/suggestion

    • Session 2 fellowship orientation program preparation

  • Grants: Status & Support (30 minutes)

    • Google Season of Docs (GSoD)

    • Digital Square Notice F 

    • TAP

  • Finance (5 minutes)

    • Weekly AP update

    • Updating budget trackers & spend plan

    • Uncoded statement lines

  • Annoucements

  • CM/Ops on our Wiki & Talk (10 minutes)

Action items

  •  

    Nikesh: Blog post for Fellowship symposium.

  •  

    Jennifer: Need to confirm those fellows we have funding for, those who may need to wait a bit by 15th Dec Operations and Community Call.

  •  

    Erica: Bahmni-SNOMED contracting ongoing

  •  

    Christine and Nikesh: Work on the QA blog post.

  •  

    Nikesh: Talk post for 2023 Fellowship.

  •  

    Jennifer and Nikesh: Prepare for session 2 for the Fellowship orientation. 

  •  

    Jennifer: Reach out to Fellowship orientation facilitators to check their availability. 

2022-11-10

Attendees: Nikesh Balami Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Erica Kigotho 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program (15 minutes)

    • Fellowship symposium updates:Tentative dates set.

    • 2023 Fellowship Program

    • Capstone project page is done in the wiki

    • Orientation session - ongoing

    • Continuing fellows

    • There is funding to support some fellows. Possible confirmation of funding beginning of February 2023.

  • Grants: Status & Support (30 minutes)

    • Digital Square

      • Quarterly Success Stories by January 10th 2023

  • Sponsored Projects

    • Bahmni-SNOMED

      • Draft sub-contracts for Beehyv, Thoughtworks and Intellisoft.

      • Get MSA from SNOMED

      • Get SoW from SNOMED

Action items

  •  

    Jennifer: Need to confirm those fellows we have funding for, those who may need to wait a bit by 15th Dec Operations and Community Call.

  •  

    Erica: Bahmni-SNOMED contracting

  •  

    Christine and Nikesh: Work on the QA blog post.

  •  

    Jennifer: Create a zoom room for the fellowship symposium and send it out via slack by end of day Thursday, 10th Nov.

  •  

    Nikesh: Send out calendar invite as soon as zoom room is created  by  11th Nov. 

  •  

    Christine: Add Fellowship symposium dates to OpenMRS Calendar and what’s happening page by 14th Nov.

  •  

    Nikesh: Come up with and share fellowship symposium agenda by 11th Nov. 

  •  

    Nikesh: Email the capstone questionnaire for review and comments.

  •  

    Nikesh: Update wiki page for the fellowship capstone projects

  •  

    Nikesh: Post something on talk to get feedback from community about the capstone page.

  •  

    Nikesh: Come up with a RACI matrix for the fellowship program 

  •  

    Jennifer: Reach out to fellows who can stay on.

  •  

    Jennifer: Respond to Joshua’s email

  •  

    Jennifer: Forward GSoD eval from Google to Christine regarding the project evaluation and case study.

  •  

    Christine: Final GSoD case study - submission by 30th Nov. Drafting begins tomorrow  (11th Nov)

  •  

    Jennifer: Update new budget codes.

  •  

    Jennifer and Christine: Need to work on the October stipends.

  •  

    Erica: Check in with Suruchi about the ANC DAK blog post

2022-11-03

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami Erica Kigotho  

Recording link:  Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program (15 minutes)

    • 2022 Cohort check-ins and project progress

    • 2023 Fellowship Program announcement + priorities

    • Fellowship Program RACI matrix: Roles, Responsibilities

Action Items

  •  


October 2022

2022-10-20

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program (15 minutes)

    • 2022 Cohort check-ins and project progress

    • Fellowship Program RACI Matrix: Roles, Responsibilities 

    • 2023 Fellowship Priorities

  • Finance (10 minutes)

Action Items

  •  

    Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date


2022-10-13

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program (15 minutes)

    • 2022 Cohort check-ins and project progress

    • 2023 Fellowship Priorities

    • How many fellowships can be supported.

      • 2 QA fellows 

      • 1 PM and 1 Frontend developer for ANC DAK

      • TAP funding fellowship will need to be prioritised and

        • Design Mentor

        • Design fellow.

        • Dev Mentor

        • Dev fellow. 

  • OMRS22

Action items

  •  


September 2022

2022-09-29

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program (15 minutes)

    • 2022 Cohort check-ins and project progress

      • 1:1 Check-ins

      • Projects

      • Final Presentations

      • Fellowship Structure Improvements

  • Community Openings (5 minutes)

Action items

  •  


2022-09-15

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program (15 minutes)

    • 2022 Cohort check ins and project progress

      • 1:1 Check-ins

        • Still need to set up check in with Bett

    • Projects

      • Reminder to all fellows

    • 2023 Cohort (January 2023? - June 2023 or September 2023)

  • Community Openings (5 minutes)

    • Executive Team Review

      • Discussion to be done on Monday 12 Sep 2022.

    • Agreements

      • Goal: draft & share agreements with Frontend Fellow Mentor & Product Quality Engineer by September 15

Action items

  •  



2022-09-08

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link:  Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program (15 minutes)

    • 2022 Cohort check ins and project progress

      • 1:1 Check-ins

        • Still need to set up check in with Bett

    • Projects

    • Extensions

      • Offer extensions to three top performing fellows

    • 2023 Cohort (January 2023? - June 2023 or September 2023)

    • Aim to have fellows start at the same time

      • Use Oct-Dec period for orientation/onboarding?

    • Fellowships go through the funding period

  • Community Openings (5 minutes)

    • Interviews

      • Frontend 

        • Grace reviewed all CVs and selected 3.

        • Preferred engineering level is like Joel Denning e.t.c

        • Current candidates are better as frontend engineer fellow mentors.

        • Decision: Offer Frontend Fellow Mentor role to lead candidate, Senior Engineer position will stay open until it is filled.

      • QA Engineer 

        • Jayasanka to be QA engineer while growing his skill on the frontend role.

    • Executive Team Review

      • Discussion to be done on Monday 12 Sep 2022.

    • Agreements

      • Goal: draft & share agreements with Dennis & Jayasanka by September 15

  • Grants: Status & Support (30 minutes)

    • DS Rapid Projects (10 minutes)

      • Agreements

      • DS agreement signed, sent back to PATH

      • Sonder agreement with Sonder for signature

      • Invoice - Jen to review/submit on Friday morning

      • Deliverables: 

        • UX Design Conference

          • Aug 31 recording in progress

          • Sept 1 recording broken down

          • Project Journey

            • Add in bullet points

            • Jen to carve out time this week to turn into narrative

    • DS QA Capacity Building (5 minutes)

      • Where this work happens

      • Deliverables

    • Fellowship Structure Improvements

      • Monday, 4pm EAT open “conversation”

      • Jen to put together 1-2 slides to guide the conversation

    • QA Fellows: Target Countries & Orgs

      • Have QA Fellow Mentor identified. Need to determine path of current QA fellow. 

      • Tap into O3 momentum

      • OHRI countries?

    • DS ANC DAK (10 minutes)

    • TAP Y2 (5 minutes)

      • Q4 & Y2 Deliverables

Action items

  •  

    Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date

August 2022

2022-08-25

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Finance

    • 2022/2023 Budgets

  • Fellowship Program

    • 2022 Cohort check ins and project progress

      • 1:1 Check-ins: Bett - still on vacation (hasn't responded), Suruchi - around the end of September (Grace suggested it) as she presented her updates on the hands meeting, Joshua is looking for a feasible time.

    • 2023 Cohort: how many, what kind, continuing & open fellowships

  • Community Openings

    • QA and Frontend role - an interview is completed, debrief scheduled

    • Program officer role - when to schedule the interview?

  • September deliverables by award

Action items

  •  

    Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date


2022-08-18

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program

    • Need to check-in with the project proposal update.

Action items

  •  

    Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date


2022-08-11

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link:  Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program

    • Any backlog?

    • Mentor check-in & Community openings interview - sending doodle poll

    • Week to target: (Target next week)

  • Virtual Design Conference

    • Any additional thought about the date change: Finalized for (31 August - 2 Sept)

    • Let Design and Product team know about the date + schedule

    • Announce the date in talk post

    • Invitation, Email - Nikesh + Jen, Mailing list - Jen + Christine

Action items

  •  

    Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date


2022-08-04

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program

    • Project Proposal - everyone has started working on it.

    • Publish all hands blog?

    • Check-in call - Nikesh and Suruchi early next week.

    • Other things seem to be in good shape.

    • Check-in with mentor for fellowship extend

  • Virtual Design Conference

    • Officially announce the date? - Paul has confirmed, Ciaran seems to be on holiday.

    • Conference objective review and comment - here.

    • Setup wiki and start participant and session registration.

      • Start the wiki setup.

    • Send out invitation

  • Community Openings

  • Notice F:

    •  

  • Finance

Action items

  •  

    Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date

July 2022

2022-07-28

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link:  Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program

    • Project Proposal Template (here): this needs to be finalized and shared.

    • All hands Blog (here): needs to be reviewed and published. Once published, can be shared in the Talk.

    • Check-in call: Tendayi was doing great work. Bett says he is on vacation and will schedule the call once return. Suruchi and Nikesh check-in to be scheduled next.

    • Invoice and payment: Tendayi was asking about the invoice and payment update for June month? - It will be made early next month.

  • Mini-meeting/design conference

    • Talk post about the theme and objective is up, please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas.

    • Best way to move forward with session outline/schedule?

      • Email product and design team?

      • Talk post?

      • Old documentation of the topics related to design and product?

  • August Priority

    • Fellowship Program

      • Project proposal

      • Fellowship check-in with mentors (to discuss the potential contract extension of fellows)

      • Regular fellowship work

  • Mini-meeting/design conference

    • Theme and objectives (early week)

    • Schedule (early week)

    • Potential speakers and facilitators (mid week)

    • Registration and participants (mid week)

    • Organize Mini-meeting/design conference (end week)

Action items

  •  

    Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date


2022-07-21

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program

    • Fellowship Check-in call

    • Project Proposal Template

    • Blog

  • Financial Management

  • Award Management

Action items

  •  


2022-07-14

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Fellowship Program

    • Debrief All Hands

    • Question about Project Proposal - by Fellows

    • Check-in calls

  • Financial Management

    • Q3 Close Out

    • TAP Y2 Q3 Invoice

  • New positions!

  • Dev Stage improvements

  • Next mini-meeting/design conference

Action items

  •  


2022-07-07

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link:  Not recorded

Agenda

  • Financial Management

    • Digital Square Funding Opportunity

    • TAP Y2 Q4 Priorities

    • TAP Y3 Planning

    • Resources

Action items

  •  


June 2022

2022-06-09

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Announcements

  • Updating travel SOPs

  • Fellowship updates

  • Financial Management

    • Digital Square Notice F updates

    • TAP Updates

    • Updating Dev Stages

Action items

  •  


May 2022

2022-05-12

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Announcements

  • May Mini-Community Meeting

  • Financial Management

    • Digital Square Notice F Next Steps

    • TAP Updates

  • Dev & OMRS Stages

Action items

  •  


April 2022

2022-04-14

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Announcements

  • April Mini Meeting Updates

  • Financial Management

    • TAP Updates

  • 2022 Fellowship Planning

Action items

  •  

    Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date

March 2022

2022-03-31

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

Actionitems

  •  


February 2022

2022-02-17

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

Actionitems

  •  


2022-02-03

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla Christine Gichuki Nikesh Balami 

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

Actionitems

  •  

    Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date

January 2022

2022-01-20

Attendees: Jennifer Antilla, Herbert, Sharif Magembe, Daniel, Daud, Hamish, Namanya, Tendo, Grace, Burke, Hamish

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

  • Announcements

    • BoD Elections

  • 2022 Mentorship Programs

    • GSoC Admins & Mentors

      • Reviewed list of potential GSoC Admins

        • Decision: Herbert & Daud are our 2022 co-admins, working with Jen and Grace

      • Next step: Co-Admins to meet & create a 2022 GSoC Admin plan

      • How to make the mentor experience better & make sure we have the right mentor-project match

        • Talk post

        • Look at who is proposing projects, interested/knowledgeable about the project

  • 2022 Fellowship next steps

    • Applications currently being accepted - through Feb 5

    • Need to have strong mentors for the fellows.

    • Update fellowship terms to be explicit about what happens when expectations are not met

    • Make sure we have evaluation and feedback mechanisms in place & follow them

  • Grant/Funding updates

    • Three DS Notice F proposals submitted

    • Received funding to support the TAP mechanism in Y2 (through Sept 30, 2022)

  • Annual Report

    • Aim is to publish on our website this year

    • Liaise with Zuzanna about her interest in working on this

    • Looking for people to help gather, write, and review content, design the report

  • 2022 Strategic Priorities & Plan

    • Many squads/teams are thinking about what they want to get done in 2022, updating their roadmaps

    • Next 4-6 weeks: review/update the Product & Community Engagement Vision & Strategic Priorities, make the link to squads' results clear, think about metrics

Actionitems

  •  



2022-01-06

Attendees: Jen, Ian, Grace, Jan, Tendo

Recording link: Not recorded

Agenda

Actionitems