- A point-of-care system (i.e., LIMSLIS, EMR, etc.) should be able to store a normalised normalized subset of clinical information items (that which is deemed appropriate to share) from a patient’s clinical record on that system.
- We should be able to store Observations, Allergies, Care Summaries, Care Plans etc.
- Store unstructured data along with associated metadata, e.g. a PDF document or digital image with attached patient demographic information
- A client point-of-care system should be able to retrieve relevant portions (up to the full set) of this clinical record as needed.
- Retrieve a longitudinal list of patient clinical information by type, date or other query parameters
- A client point-of-care system should be able to update existing clinical records on the SHR while keeping the version history
- System The SHR should acknowledge requests from a client system and provide appropriate information in the event of errorsThe system should be validated against the health needs of low resource settings, e.g. HIV, TB, Maternal Care.
- Data should be available for extraction for secondary use.
- The system should be validated against the health needs of low resource settings, e.g. HIV, TB, Maternal Care.
Relevant FHIR Docs
Relevant Talk Posts
Relevant Github Links
- Where does the responsibility for determining patient identify / de-duplication lie? Is it with the client system, or with the SHR?
- Is the second target usecase the MPI?