This resource is used to track the status of the lab order request from initiation to completion, and as a container for all other resources related to the given order.
The ServiceRequest resource represents the TestOrder placed in OpenMRS. It is referenced from the Task with the Task.basedOn element, and sent to OpenELIS with the Task to initiate the processing of the order.
The DiagnosticReport resource is the container for the results of an Order, and holds these results in the DiagnosticReport.result element as references to Observation resources.
The Observation resource contains the results of the Lab Order request;.
The Patient resource contains vital information for OpenELIS to fullfill the lab order request, and is referenced by the Task.> more info
Relevant FHIR Docs
- Using Tasks in a RESTful Context: https://www.hl7.org/fhir/task.html#220.127.116.11
- Workflow Module: https://www.hl7.org/fhir/workflow-module.html
- Diagnostic Module: https://www.hl7.org/fhir/diagnostics-module.html
- Example: Workflow states for a lab order for a blood test: https://www.hl7.org/fhir/workflow-communications.html#18.104.22.168
- Option G: POST of Task to fulfiller's system: https://www.hl7.org/fhir/workflow-management.html#optiong