Quick Start Links
Want to get started contributing fast? Here are the key links for you to know. More about how to Join Us below.
Where to find work
How to Work with the Designs
Dev Quick-Start Guides
Want to contribute? Join our squad!
We are working on 3 main goals that will unlock better frontend collaboration across OpenMRS:
(1) Plug-and-Play Frontend Architecture: makes it possible for frontend feature development to be shared across teams, organizations, and distributions
(2) Implementer Tooling: makes it easier for non-developers to configure the product to the needs of their organization or site
(3) A friendly, modern, consistent User Experience: with a professional UX framework, this further unlocks frontend feature-sharing, and creates a 3.0 option of the OpenMRS RefApp
|Table of Contents|
Strategic Fit for OpenMRS
Decision Making Process
We use an RFC (Request For Comments). Major decisions are made through GitHub pull requests where anyone can comment.
All GitHub Repos related to this project:
Button Hyperlink custom-icon graph-line icon custom title Overview of GitHub Activity type primary url https://github.com/orgs/openmrs/teams/microfrontends-squad/repositories target true
Where can you find us ?
Slack Channel: https://openmrs.slack.com/archives/CHP5QAE5R
(Join our Weekly Calls to become part of our focused Microfrontend Squad)
Weekly Squad Call
Thursdays at 4pm UTC / 9:30pm IST/ 7pm EAT / 5pm CET / 11am EST / 8am PST.
Join info: https://om.rs/zoommf
What Happens On These Calls:
- Dev Demo: latest work done (if it’s the end of a sprint, we also do the full sprint demo)
- Dev Discussion: Any blockers or things to clarify
- Product Priorities: We clarify any epics or issues that need more ownership or to be prioritized
- Design Updates: We wrap up by looking together at the latest design work, so we know what designs are soon to be ready for development
Recordings and Notes from our regular squad meetings are here: Micro Frontend Squad Notes
Jonathan Dick (AMPATH)
Grace Potma (OpenMRS)
Dimitri R (Mekom Solutions)
Florian Rappl (Smapiot & Mekom Solutions)
Nikita Malyschkin (Smapiot & Mekom Solutions)
Brandon Istenes (PIH)
Dennis Kigen (AMPATH)
Donald Kibet (AMPATH)
Burke Mamlin (Regenstrief)
Ivange Larry Ndumbe (Mekom Solutions)
Samuel Male (Mekom Solutions)
Romain Buisson (Mekom Solutions)
Mike Seaton (PIH)
Daniel Kayiwa (OpenMRS)
Eric Achillah (AMPATH)
@Ciaran (Sonder Design & AMPATH)
(1) Plug & Play Architecture: The frontend stack we're building on using Micro Frontends
Extensible, configurable and independently deployable frontend features. Get your frontend live and updated fast. Frontend architecture designed for extensible and configurable apps and widgets.
Button Hyperlink custom-icon video-filled icon custom title Tutorial type primary url https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDC8DwPWwjc&ab_channel=FlorianRappl target true
These are microfrontends that are part of openmrs-esm-core. They are tightly coupled to the base application.
(2) Implementer Tooling: Tooling we're building to make MFE easier for implementers to configure
Button Hyperlink custom-icon video-filled icon custom title Demo type primary url https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhtVoNnZoec&list=PL5jj7JoBifSnuNkGytL6m4IQ2OuV9lbq1&index=7&ab_channel=OpenMRS target true
(3) Building a Friendly, Modern UX in RefApp v3.0
Create a better means for building out a shared UI. Modernizing the entire RefApp frontend, using Carbon Design System for UI consistency and faster dev value. Needs to become a Point of Care application, that’s modern, friendly, and works well on tablets.
We are working on a re-design of the patient chart, starting with end-to-end support for HIV Outpatient Workflows; pilot plan ~ April 2021 at Ampath.
Button Hyperlink custom-icon new-edit icon custom title Designs Ready for Development type primary url https://app.zeplin.io/project/5f7223cfda10f94d67cec6d0 target true Button Hyperlink custom-icon new-edit icon time title Designs in Progress type primary url https://www.sketch.com/s/1dd7e0f7-b96b-4586-846c-5c352fc954e3 target true
Our Design System:
Our Simple Style Guide for reference: