- Make a copy of the current "Reference Application (version)" documentation page (e.g the one for RefApp 2.5 is here), and name it for the next release. Add a note that this version is not yet released.
- Remove a note from the current "Reference Application (version)" documentation page that this version is not yet released.
- Edit the OpenMRS Reference Application 2.x Implementer Documentation page so that includes the "Reference Application (version)" page for the new release.
- Maintain the list of Contributors for the release.
- Create the Release notes:
- Announcing the Release
- Create a blog post in OpenMRS.org announcing the release, using your WordPress account. If you need an account, create a help desk case at https://help.openmrs.org/customer/portal/emails/new. The announcement can be similar to the ones created before. Please do not forget to include the list of contributors in the announcement.
- Announce the release in OpenMRS Talk similar to the blog post.
- .Create a new case at OpenMRS helpdesk requesting to update demo.openmrs.org, the OpenMRS.org home page and downloads page to the latest release. Please provide links to the downloads.
DO NOT mark the Impact of your case as anything other than Routine.
- Release in JIRA
- Request for being an administrator of the Reference Application project in JIRA from a current Administrator - Presently Darius Jazayeri is an administrator for the project. Ensure that all tickets are in the ACCEPTED state, before you release in JIRA.
- Go to this link - https://issues.openmrs.org/plugins/servlet/project-config/RA/versions and enter the date beside the version you are about to release and click on the small settings icon indicating a dropdown that appears when you point the mouse over the list value for the version and select release.
- Update the Release Process wiki with the latest changes if any.